1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

If you took the MCAT, please read this and let me know!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by elle, Jun 19, 2001.

1. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

If you just got your MCAT results, were the actual results on a white slip of paper, about a third a sheet, and were your scores in the upper left hand corner under "TEST (SCALED) SCORES"? If someone could just let me know... I'm not crazy, I just cannot believe what I'm reading. I don't think these scores are mine.

THANK YOU!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TayChic

TayChic Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Gee Elle... What kind of scores did you receive that you don't think are yours???? Are you freaking out? hehe :D

4. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi -- I'm not freaking out, but I am very surprised.

The scores are not amazing, but they are quite a bit better than I expected, so I can't help but be afraid that they spliced the paper wrong or printed something wrong... I'm at my parent's house (permanent address, came here to get the scores) and no one is home, so if anyone can answer my question, I would appreciate it so much. :)

5. WanabeDR

WanabeDR Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

:D So funy elle. well you can do one think take both score (what ever you see) and avrage them, if you get the same thing or higher you good to go to medical school, if you get lower then avrage you better take the MCAT again :p .. aaahhh man go take shower you might see better later ..you confuse me damn. I don't even know what I am talking about :mad: :D

6. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Sorry for being confusing; I only have one score (well, one set of scores) printed on that little piece of paper -- I just want to make sure it's the right piece of paper that I am staring at. :) I realize it's weird, please humour me on this one...

7. 12R34Y

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    yes, it's the right piece of paper.

8. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Elle, you are looking at the correct piece of paper. It has your state, release box, and social security number in the same area, doesn't it? That means it's your score. :)

9. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thank you :) I feel like I want to call the MCAT office and ask them to verify my scores (I don't think they do that) but I'm almost afraid they'll give me different numbers... I am not sure where this paranoia is coming from, I think it's just absolute, complete surprise. Thanks again for replying....

free99 likes this.
  10. pre-hawkdoc

pre-hawkdoc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

let me echo what jamie and 12R34Y have said...the little slip is your scores. the other report is an example (i think the scores were 8s and 9s?). your score report is the one with your info (name, SSN, sex, etc.)
    oh, BTW, for all you guys out there, don't assume that the "M" in the sex category is your writing score. That was my initial reaction in my "not-thinking-all-that-clearly" state of mind. I wasn't upset with the M, but I really couldn't figure out how I got a zero as a subscore. Then I decided to actually read the categories and realized that the "zero" was my writing score...

11. WanabeDR

WanabeDR Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Why you just tell us what you got :rolleyes:.
    So we can tell you if it's your score(for real) or it's for someone else(like me, only if you got above 25 :D). Take it easy body, you did good job. You remind me when I look at my score. I just couldn't belive how bad they were :eek:

12. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks so much, guys... I know the question sounds absurd, but the score that appears to be mine (sorry, am still in denial mode) is 6 points higher than the highest practice exam score I received. I'm sitting here, staring at this little piece of paper, and just thinking "what?!" A good kind of what, of course, but still...I am so surprised. Thanks again...

13. Legend

Legend Super Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    haha. that's funny!
    I voided my April MCAT, but I am getting really worried if AAMC made mistake and scored it.

14. DOCTORSAIB

DOCTORSAIB Ophtho or bust!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    elle, it must feel real good to have such a nice surprise. Im just curiuos, how did you do on your MCAT's. You dont have to answer, but after all this talk, im curious to know...anyways, take care.. :)

DOCTORSAIB

15. elle

elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi...my scores were 12V, 12P, 9B and an S on the writing sample. Sorry if I created any suspense; these scores are just a surprise to me (except the 9 in bio...we had overactive air conditioner in the room making noise, and I knew I was distracted) since I had sort of geared myself for the worse. To be honest, I'm still staring at the sheet three hours later, convinced it can't be mine. :eek: I hope for as many pleasant score surprises for everyone as possible.

16. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Those ARE very surprising scores and now I know why you've been a bit paranoid about it.... CONGRATULATIONS.... you are definitely on your way.... yeeehawww!!! :D

17. Legend

Legend Super Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    holy $hit...

that's awesome!

Congrats!