• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?

kinetic

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
    I think I'd be a palm tree. If this question allowed for plants in general, I'd be a ficus. But since it's just trees, I'm definitely picking "palm." You know why. :D

Buckeye(OH)

5K+ Member
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Mar 28, 2004
    Toledo, Ohio
    1. Fellow [Any Field]
      kinetic said:
      I think I'd be a palm tree. If this question allowed for plants in general, I'd be a ficus. But since it's just trees, I'm definitely picking "palm." You know why. :D

I'd be something solid. Like a redwood, so I could stand by my gf while she's goin through med school. I know she's going to need a lot of support and I just hope I can be there through it all, like that Sherman Redwood.

Hernandez

Paranoid and Crotchety...
      15+ Year Member
      May 14, 2004
      knee deep in dog muck and crusty jugglers......
      1. Attending Physician
        kinetic said:

see, I would have said you'd be something like a maple, especially if it's a tree right next to a parking lot so birds can crap out of and onto the cars below

me, I'd be a pine tree, prickly and highly flammable........

About the Ads

Smilemaker100

Membership Revoked
        Removed
        10+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Feb 25, 2004
          kinetic said:

I would be a weeping willow...right by a pond of water with beautiful white swans. A willow providing shade to happy couples in love from the glaring summer sunlight.

"Botanists would probably agree that, among flowering plants and trees, there is not a more puzzling group than the Willows. Though of comparatively recent introduction, there is no Willow as popular and familiar, from its exceptional form and beauty, as the Babylonian, or "Weeping" species."

( Aside, I am a "puzzling" person too LOL!)

"The Weeping Willow, on the contrary, rather conveys a picture of the grief felt for the loss of the departed than of the darkness of the grave. Its light and elegant foliage flows like the disheveled hair and graceful drapery of a sculptured mourner over a sepulchral urn, and conveys those soothing, though melancholy reflections that made the poet write--

(Aside, my hair tend to be disheveled too LOL!)

"'Tis better to have lov'd and lost,
          Than never to have lov'd at all.'"

In the Elizabethean times , it was the symbol of forsaken love.

myfavred

I am a girl
          10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Jun 23, 2004
          In a haunted village
            Smilemaker100 said:
            I would be a weeping willow...right by a pond of water with beautiful white swans. A willow providing shade to happy couples in love from the glaring summer sunlight.

"Botanists would probably agree that, among flowering plants and trees, there is not a more puzzling group than the Willows. Though of comparatively recent introduction, there is no Willow as popular and familiar, from its exceptional form and beauty, as the Babylonian, or "Weeping" species."

( Aside, I am a "puzzling" person too LOL!)

"The Weeping Willow, on the contrary, rather conveys a picture of the grief felt for the loss of the departed than of the darkness of the grave. Its light and elegant foliage flows like the disheveled hair and graceful drapery of a sculptured mourner over a sepulchral urn, and conveys those soothing, though melancholy reflections that made the poet write--

(Aside, my hair tend to be disheveled too LOL!)

"'Tis better to have lov'd and lost,
            Than never to have lov'd at all.'"

In the Elizabethean times , it was the symbol of forsaken love.

I would be a mango tree so I can provide both shade and food during. Or may be an apple tree due to the same reason.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.