If you were the World Dictator, how would you solve the Obesity Problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HughMyron

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Cut money from the defense budget, and allocate some of it towards bariatric surgery vouchers.

What say you?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Kill all the fat people. Cure the obesity problem and curb population growth... two birds with one stone.

Send your mom off the planet, that will decrease the average weight of the world's population significantly.

Yeah, that was a yo momma joke, revel in it.

Members don't see this ad :)
images

Cut money from the defense budget, and allocate some of it towards bariatric surgery vouchers. Expand research into the surgery, to make it more of an option for people with sub-35 BMIs.

What say you?

Figure out what countries with low obesity rates are doing right and implement it everywhere.

If I was a world dictator every human would be up at 6am for a cold shower followed by a morning 6 mile run before going off to work. They could opt for a swim but they would need a form they would need to fill out to gain approval.

Cut money from the defense budget, and allocate some of it towards bariatric surgery vouchers.

What say you?

As if there aren't people who still have weight issues even after surgery.

I'd take a page from North Korea's dictators. They've kept their people pretty malnourished and lean for decades.

Members don't see this ad :)
Simple, just stop companies from making crappy foods like fruit loops ( which is just a box of colorful sugar). Have only healthy food in stores so that all people can buy is healthy food. Or you can just replace real sugar, and highfructose corn suryp with sugar substitiue no one could tell and most people are to lazy to even glance at the nutrition label.

Simple, just stop companies from making crappy foods like fruit loops ( which is just a box of colorful sugar). Have only healthy food in stores so that all people can buy is healthy food. Or you can just replace real sugar, and highfructose corn suryp with sugar substitiue no one could tell and most people are to lazy to even glance at the nutrition label.

In the end calories are calories. Whether you're eating 10 pounds of oreos or 10 pounds of broccoli doesn't really matter.

In the end calories are calories. Whether you're eating 10 pounds of oreos or 10 pounds of broccoli doesn't really matter.

Lol no. 10 lbs of Oreos has a $hit ton more calories than 10 lbs of broccoli.

How many people would eat 10 pounds or broccoli? And 10 pounds of broccoli would have way less calories than ten pounds of oreo's.

Lol no. 10 lbs of Oreos has a $hit ton more calories than 10 lbs of broccoli.

How many people would eat 10 pounds or broccoli? And 10 pounds of broccoli would have way less calories than ten pounds of oreo's.

Ok Broccoli and Oreos were a bad example.

10000 calories of crap food is the same as 10000 calories of "healthy" food. Portion control is more of an issue than the type of food people are consuming.

MedPR, time to change underneath your name to "16,740+ Member."

10000 calories of crap food is the same as 10000 calories of "healthy" food. Portion control is more of an issue than the type of food people are consuming.

Please take a nutrition course.

Calorie density is the problem. For the same portion, junk food is much more caloric than something like broccoli.

Do you have any idea how much lettuce you would have to eat to equate one box of oreos?

You realize 10 pounds of oreos would have like 100x more calories than 10 pounds of broccoli...

Calorie density is the problem. For the same portion, junk food is much more caloric than something like broccoli.

Do you have any idea how much lettuce you would have to eat to equate one box of oreos?

Yes, I understand that. However, if I eat 10,000 calories worth of lettuce, is it any different than 10,000 calories worth of oreos? I'd have to consume a much larger volume of lettuce to hit 10k calories than oreos, but I would still be eating 10k calories.

You realize 10 pounds of oreos would have like 100x more calories than 10 pounds of broccoli...

:thumbup:

Medpr is probably chubby.

Yes, I understand that. However, if I eat 10,000 calories worth of lettuce, is it any different than 10,000 calories worth of oreos? I'd have to consume a much larger volume of lettuce to hit 10k calories than oreos, but I would still be eating 10k calories.

Yes. But your endocrine signalling pathways will stop your eating of lettuce long before you could ever reach that point.

The GI system has mechanical receptors in it. Volume does matter, which is why less calorie-dense foods are better options.

bca63b15d66a49c986b56b2a510368d6.jpg

Yes. But your endocrine signalling pathways will stop your eating of lettuce long before you could ever reach that point.

The GI system has mechanical receptors in it. Volume does matter, which is why less calorie-dense foods are better options.

Looks like you'll got caught up in the numbers rather than recognizing the concept. Lets say we take it down to something more applicable to something around 2700 cal/day, which is 300 cal more than maintenance for most American men. At that rate, that said person will put on about 30lbs a year.

Do that for 5 more years, and you easily end up with 150lbs fat gain.

2700 cal of "healthy" food wouldn't be too overwhelming for people to eat - and calories are calories.

Last edited:
I dont think you realize how hard it is to cut using dirty calorie sources. Cutting with a clean diet is actually so much easier, you feel fuller and will have more energy throughout the day.

Cutting isn't even hard, it's just that people always resort to crap like the hollywood cookie diet or some crap instead of a sensible diet on a calorie deficit.

This is coming from a guy who was around 30% bf and is now at 10%. 45 pounds lost while increasing lifts at the gym ftw. (6 month time frame)

MedPR, time to change underneath your name to "16,740+ Member."

By the time anyone saw your post, he was up 10 posts already. By the time anyone reads my post, he would be up at least 20.

Caloric density IS the problem in Obesity.

Caloric density is helpful when you want to add weight, oh fellow lifter.

Yes, absolutely agree with you that it is a major factor. But there are plenty of average Joe-schmoe's and Jill-schills out there who creep-gain fat at around 1 lb a month, which works out to 12lbs a year. Give them 10 years, and whoop! You end up with 120 lbs. If you don't believe me, just look at mid aged people around you.

I think if there was some actual education on how to lose weight properly then there wouldn't be as much of a problem. There is just so much information regarding the issue, too many broscientists

Are we factoring in your inevitable bowel obstruction?

What say you?

I strongly support the redistribution of fat from fat-rich people to fat-poor people. It's only fair, and avoids class conflicts among the various degrees of fatness. The fat-poor people cannot tolerate the oppression from the fat-rich people anymore.

I think if there was some actual education on how to lose weight properly then there wouldn't be as much of a problem. There is just so much information regarding the issue, too many broscientists

This is going to be really blunt of me to say this, but most people don't have the discipline to follow through with weight loss. That's why so few people go into Powerlifting/Strong Man/Olympic Lifting/Bodybuilding and stick around than you'd think there would.

Here's an example of our fellow peers/the common man/Joe-schmo/the average American:

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/sp/image/1352/04/1352049224110.jpg

EDIT: I apologize for the language used in that picture. I didn't make it, and just put it up to illustrate a point.

Last edited:

Nah, education requires effort. Not worth it. Instead, eliminate all easily-accessible franchises of fast-food restaurants.

Step one: Eliminate all sodas except diet ones. I don't know about where you are but around here the shopping carts full of Mountain Dew 30 packs are precisely the reason why everyone is obese and has raging, uncontrolled DM.