If you were the World Dictator, how would you solve the Obesity Problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nah, education requires effort. Not worth it. Instead, eliminate all easily-accessible franchises of fast-food restaurants.

Let me direct you to the thread about the problem of college grads being unemployed.

Members don't see this ad.

ban automobiles. Let's start walking everywhere. Would also cut down on the number of med schools people apply to. Can't walk to Cali for your Stanford interview? Too bad.

ban automobiles. Let's start walking everywhere. Would also cut down on the number of med schools people apply to. Can't walk to Cali for your Stanford interview? Too bad.

California residents would be screwed. Hawaii and Alaska too lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
good old fashioned diet and exercise. work towards eliminating processed foods.

This is going to be really blunt of me to say this, but most people don't have the discipline to follow through with weight loss. That's why so few people go into Powerlifting/Strong Man/Olympic Lifting/Bodybuilding and stick around than you'd think there would.

Here's an example of our fellow peers/the common man/Joe-schmo/the average American:

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/sp/image/1352/04/1352049224110.jpg

People just need to experience how easy it is to lose weight. 3 hours a week in the gym and the IIFYM diet is much easier than what some people resort to lose weight, and it will actually work. It's not like even have to be super consistent to be moderately healthy. I occasionally have 6k calorie cheat meals and I still get great cut results. When I start bulking I'll be having cheat meals everyday. It's not like I'm working so much harder than your avg fatty, I just know what I'm doing (I actually have a great lifting coach :D)

Step one: Eliminate all sodas except diet ones. I don't know about where you are but around here the shopping carts full of Mountain Dew 30 packs are precisely the reason why everyone is obese and has raging, uncontrolled DM.

People will just end up finding something to replace sodas. Sugar is quite an addictive substance.

By the way, how does HughMyron even come up with ideas for threads like this? Hmmmm?

By the way, how does HughMyron even come up with ideas for threads like this? Hmmmm?

I'd like to know as well. I've tried, but failed.

This is going to be really blunt of me to say this, but most people don't have the discipline to follow through with weight loss. That's why so few people go into Powerlifting/Strong Man/Olympic Lifting/Bodybuilding and stick around than you'd think there would.

Here's an example of our fellow peers/the common man/Joe-schmo/the average American:

EDIT: I apologize for the language used in that picture. I didn't make it, and just put it up to illustrate a point.

You don't think that bottom chick is a beautiful, independent strong woman?

Nah, education requires effort. Not worth it. Instead, eliminate all easily-accessible franchises of fast-food restaurants.

But...But...But....I love Burger King and Chick-fil-a and McDonald's flurries. I don't want them to go bye bye :scared:

Hahaha. I know you're kidding, but I'll be serious here and say that powerlifting has made me lose respect for people who can't prevent themselves from going off the far end AND want others to believe that their body is "perfectly natural" and should be what the media ought to be promoting. To me, they're just a bunch of lazy slobs, and as a physician, I won't be able to do anything else in a 10 minute appointment but tell them to "lose weight" - as if just telling it to them is going to be effective, and even worse, the know-it-alls in DC think that doctors can get their patients to lose weight if only they "cared" about their patients, and want to financially penalize us if our patients don't....

But...But...But....I love Burger King and Chick-fil-a and McDonald's flurries. I don't want them to go bye bye :scared:

As part of my Marxist Vegetable Theory, all fast-food restaurants are banned as they favor the fat-rich at expense of the fat-poor. Instead, replace them with salad bars.

EDIT: I apologize for the language used in that picture. I didn't make it, and just put it up to illustrate a point.

jimmies were rustled when i saw this for the first time a few months ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cut corn, soy bean food subsidies. That dramatically increase the price of many unhealthy foods that are produced from corn and soy beans. Although I doubt that could happen secondary to the lobbying effort by companies reliant upon many products produced by these two items...

Last edited:
Hahaha. I know you're kidding, but I'll be serious here and say that powerlifting has made me lose respect for people who can't prevent themselves from going off the far end AND want others to believe that their body is "perfectly natural" and should be what the media ought to be promoting. To me, they're just a bunch of lazy slobs, and as a physician, I won't be able to do anything else in a 10 minute appointment but tell them to "lose weight" - as if just telling it to them is going to be effective, and even worse, the know-it-alls in DC think that doctors can get their patients to lose weight if only they "cared" about their patients, and want to financially penalize us if our patients don't....

Although I think it's good for people to be confident in their appearance, when it reaches an unhealthy mark, it doesn't hurt to make changes for health reasons. There is a difference between curves and obese, which I think some obese girls get mixed up.

This may not be a prevalent way of thinking, but one younger obese girl in clinic the other day was telling me how "bigger" women are more desirable than skinny girls.

Paraphrased:

When men look at me and my booty, they go and say "Damn, I know I'mma be fed if I'm with her. Food will always be on the table, my kids will be nourished!" but when they look at *disgusted look* skinny girls they say "Damn, I'mmastarve, this girl probably don't know how to cook. I aint eating two pieces of lettuce everyday! I want the good stuff!"

So yeah....

Caloric density IS the problem in Obesity.

Caloric density is helpful when you want to add weight, oh fellow lifter.

Well eating foods with a low caloric density will help you eat less and thus become thinner. However, you don't necessarily need to eat a lot of foods that have a low caloric density just to lose weight.

The main thing is that your calories you intake is less than what you burn. This is what matters the most (plus make sure you are not eating just empty calories also).

Can't tell if site iz sarcastic, or really cognitively deficient.

The creator has a facebook page with a cover pic of a naked fat lady and lots of fat-related pages in the likes part. It's more than likely after looking through more posts another part of the bigger people movement.

Being a big man, why does everyone care about who weighs what..? Curious.

Inb4 fat jokes

So this is more about the lifestyle of it then.

Taking food and water out of the hands of greedy, African children is the only obvious way of making sure no one is obese and everyone maintains a healthy lifestyle.

high taxes on sugary drinks/food paid by consumer and since I'm a dictator use all that money to go shopping

I'm a libertarian so me as a dictator would say, "eat up, but no one else is paying for dialysis or heart surgery...this is on you"

People just need to experience how easy it is to lose weight. 3 hours a week in the gym and the IIFYM diet is much easier than what some people resort to lose weight, and it will actually work. It's not like even have to be super consistent to be moderately healthy. I occasionally have 6k calorie cheat meals and I still get great cut results. When I start bulking I'll be having cheat meals everyday. It's not like I'm working so much harder than your avg fatty, I just know what I'm doing (I actually have a great lifting coach :D)

And you're male, in your early 20s and probably over 5'8". 6k Calories can be over 4 days worth of calorie needs for a short female.

I'm such a libertarian, I can't even envision doing pure dictator things. However, I would:

1. Stop all corn subsidies. Make high-fructose corn syrup cost what it actually should. Or just ban HFCS from everything but my Mountain Dew.

2. Require 1-2 hours of gym class for all grades through high school. HS would include extensive weight training.

3. Design cities to favor foot/bicycle traffic. Re-zone areas to limit suburban sprawl, which favors driving everywhere, fast food dinners, etc.

I think it rests with both awareness/education as well as portion control and a lack of exercise. I have a roommate who insisted to me that if he ate 2,000 calories of pure fat a day he would be able to lose weight. I disagreed him and told him that 1. that was very unlikely, and 2. there are different types of fats. He replied that there were not different types of fats. :p He's a relatively intelligent guy, so it makes me wonder just what other people with poorer education think about nutrients. Certainly some education would help him. Also, portion control is important....how many times in my life have I eaten until the point of discomfort? Many. Also, I feel as though the serving sizes on many food packages need to be altered. People may think they are eating one serving of something but in reality they have eaten half of the entire bag, which may be actually 4-5 servings! Lack of exercise is self explanatory

I'm such a libertarian, I can't even envision doing pure dictator things. However, I would:

1. Stop all corn subsidies. Make high-fructose corn syrup cost what it actually should. Or just ban HFCS from everything but my Mountain Dew.

2. Require 1-2 hours of gym class for all grades through high school. HS would include extensive weight training.

3. Design cities to favor foot/bicycle traffic. Re-zone areas to limit suburban sprawl, which favors driving everywhere, fast food dinners, etc.

:confused:

And you're male, in your early 20s and probably over 5'8". 6k Calories can be over 4 days worth of calorie needs for a short female.

I know. Obviously my diet plan designed for young weight lifting male wont work for a non-lifting female. I'd be horrified if I ever met a female who could eat as much as me :eek:

My point is that actual diet and weight loss isn't as hard as many think, and it's because of the amount of diet misinformation out.

Being a big man, why does everyone care about who weighs what..? Curious.

Inb4 fat jokes

I don't rly care about people's weight, as long as it's not causing problems for other people. Are YOU happy with your weight? That's the real question to ask.

Throw fat people into forced labor camps. Like Auschwitz but without the killing or anti-semitism.

a few things:

1. why does the world dictator have a defense budget? aliens?

2. is HughMyron supposed to sound like Huge ***** or is that just me?

3. are you this obnoxious in real life?

jimmies were rustled when i saw this for the first time a few months ago.

gdHPeJM.png

I know. Obviously my diet plan designed for young weight lifting male wont work for a non-lifting female. I'd be horrified if I ever met a female who could eat as much as me :eek:

My point is that actual diet and weight loss isn't as hard as many think, and it's because of the amount of diet misinformation out.

I just think it's unrealistic for you to think that because its easy for you, its easy for everyone.
When you can eat a healthy balanced diet(not meaning weight loss plan), plus some less healthy choices and still be under your calorie requirement, it's definitely easier to lose weight than when just eating a healthy balanced diet fills up your calorie requirement.

Realistic option: replace 2nd helping of dinner with reasonable portion of ice cream to maintain same calories but satisfy ice cream craving.

Unrealistic option: replace dinner with reasonable portion of ice cream

I just think it's unrealistic for you to think that because its easy for you, its easy for everyone.
When you can eat a healthy balanced diet(not meaning weight loss plan), plus some less healthy choices and still be under your calorie requirement, it's definitely easier to lose weight than when just eating a healthy balanced diet fills up your calorie requirement.

Realistic option: replace 2nd helping of dinner with reasonable portion of ice cream to maintain same calories but satisfy ice cream craving.

Unrealistic option: replace dinner with reasonable portion of ice cream

I lost a good 25 pounds while I had hypothyroidism lol. If I can do it with a medical condition anyone can without one. It's not hard as long as you know what you are doing, problem is no one does.

I lost a good 25 pounds while I had hypothyroidism lol. If I can do it with a medical condition anyone can without one. It's not hard as long as you know what you are doing, problem is no one does.

I think its easy to maintain 150lb... problem is, for me that's borderline obese... For many, 150lb is probably skinny, so I guess you're right in that it could be easy for a lot of people.

Food/restaurant center curfews.

Mandatory gym sessions.

I wouldn't do anything. I really don't give a **** if people are fat, it doesn't affect me.
#comeatmebro