if your not cheating your not trying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mega hog

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so i tried to upload a picture of that laminated sheet and markers that someone have posted like a month ago but i am so terrible with a computer that i can't even do that.

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae182/lsecannon28/?action=view&current=markerandshhet.jpg

ANYWAY so i have improved a lot on all areas of the PAT except god damm angles.

so hence the title of this thread. what i really want to do just hold up the laminated sheet to the screen to make the angles the same length and i think that would A) make it easier B) get me kicked out and scores cancelled. but what if i dont touch the screen? Is the link the correct sheet you are given.

Also when i take pratice tests i leave the marker uncapped to save time but then it just dries out, how many markers do they give you? or do you have to bring your own?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ok so i tried to upload a picture of that laminated sheet and markers that someone have posted like a month ago but i am so terrible with a computer that i can't even do that.

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae182/lsecannon28/?action=view&current=markerandshhet.jpg

ANYWAY so i have improved a lot on all areas of the PAT except god damm angles.

so hence the title of this thread. what i really want to do just hold up the laminated sheet to the screen to make the angles the same length and i think that would A) make it easier B) get me kicked out and scores cancelled. but what if i dont touch the screen? Is the link the correct sheet you are given.
This completely depends on the center, where you take the test! Some centers won't allow you to hold up anything against the screen, while others don't care.
Also when i take pratice tests i leave the marker uncapped to save time but then it just dries out, how many markers do they give you? or do you have to bring your own?
You CAN'T take your own markers to the exam. You can, however, ask for more markers if need be. They gave me 3, but I asked for 3 more just to be on the safe side.

I got two markers and I only used one. Just put the cap back on. No big deal there.

As far as holding it up the screen, nze is right. That depends on the center.

IMO, I wouldn't want to do that because angle rank is where I make up the most time. I spend much more time on keyholes and TFE, so I have to blow through the angles and that would just waste time for me. Plus I have found that if I look at those things too long, they all start looking the same.

I think the testing center gave itself full authority so that if they think we are cheating (even if you aren't actually touching the screen) they can still kick you out.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you think they will care if I draw on the screen with the markers?

Nah, no biggie. My friend did that and he said they didn't have a problem...

Quick question, do you think they'd mind if I used a protractor on the test?

Nah, no biggie. My friend did that and he said they didn't have a problem...

Quick question, do you think they'd mind if I used a protractor on the test?

Is this a serious question?

Anyway before the exam ask the proctor any questions. I bought my own ear plugs and all he did was examine it before I went in to make sure it wasn't a mic piece. So if you want to hold your paper up to the screen just ask.