if your pcat score went down the 2nd time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zazio

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do you say if this comes up in an interview? I ended up sending both scores to my schools, so they'll all see that I did (a lot) worse the 2nd time. I don't really have a good explanation I guess... I just got stupider? :shrug:

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm, tough question. Although, i've been to a few interviews (5?), not once did my grades or PCAT scores were mentioned. I figure that if you got invited for the interview then your scores are good enough for the school... so i doubt they would ask about it. But just to stay on the safe side, you should try to come up with an answer for this... maybe you had a lot of school work during this time and didn't have enough time to study for it?

I think I know the reason why it happened. The norm group that's referenced to calculate your percentile has changed from an older group, to a 2004-2007 group. That's the explanation given at the Pearson Website. It makes sense if your scaled score is somewhat high but your percentile is lower. It seems like the competition is increasing and becoming more intense as the years go.