zazio

10+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2008
Midwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
what do you say if this comes up in an interview? I ended up sending both scores to my schools, so they'll all see that I did (a lot) worse the 2nd time. I don't really have a good explanation I guess... I just got stupider? :shrug:

ADN1226

Class of 2012!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hmm, tough question. Although, i've been to a few interviews (5?), not once did my grades or PCAT scores were mentioned. I figure that if you got invited for the interview then your scores are good enough for the school... so i doubt they would ask about it. But just to stay on the safe side, you should try to come up with an answer for this... maybe you had a lot of school work during this time and didn't have enough time to study for it?

Chembro

10+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I think I know the reason why it happened. The norm group that's referenced to calculate your percentile has changed from an older group, to a 2004-2007 group. That's the explanation given at the Pearson Website. It makes sense if your scaled score is somewhat high but your percentile is lower. It seems like the competition is increasing and becoming more intense as the years go.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.