If you're going to neglect a subject for the MCAT.. physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted585480

I'm not good at physics at all, so I plan on doing some review with the Kaplan book I have; however, I've noticed that physics isn't tested that much on the MCAT, and usually you get the formulas in the questions.

Anyone have any input on how much time to actually put into physics?

Members don't see this ad.

Lol don't. My whole C/P was low yield physics and 1 super hard biochem passage.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Neglecting anything is foolish. Don't sit for the MCAT if you're not ready for everything that could possibly show.

I semi-neglected organic because I was strapped for time, and the official guide claims it's only 15% of the C/P section. I took the June 2nd exam that was more than half organic. After the first organic passage, I told myself, "Relax. It's just the first passage." Then the organic kept coming. I don't know why they claim each section is about X percent of each subject when the exams differ so drastically, but never assume you're safe to neglect an entire subject.

Reactions: 1 users
I semi-neglected organic because I was strapped for time, and the official guide claims it's only 15% of the C/P section. I took the June 2nd exam that was more than half organic. After the first organic passage, I told myself, "Relax. It's just the first passage." Then the organic kept coming. I don't know why they claim each section is about X percent of each subject when the exams differ so drastically, but never assume you're safe to neglect an entire subject.

Did you still score your exam? How did you end up doing?

Did you still score your exam? How did you end up doing?
I did. I honestly wouldn't have been that shocked if I got a 120 on that section based on how I felt, but the curve was apparently really generous. I got a 127.

Reactions: 1 user
I did. I honestly wouldn't have been that shocked if I got a 120 on that section based on how I felt, but the curve was apparently really generous. I got a 127.

Wow, that's great, congrats! I guess I'm going to hope for the best then because I am in your exact situation. My test is July 22 and organic is definitely the subject I have not been able to focus on (at all). I know the basics (naming, structures, trends, SN1, SN2, NMR/IR, some extractions) but other than that, I'm screwed. Hopefully, the C/P section on July 22 plays to my strengths. I'm worried sick about that section :(

Wow, that's great, congrats! I guess I'm going to hope for the best then because I am in your exact situation. My test is July 22 and organic is definitely the subject I have not been able to focus on (at all). I know the basics (naming, structures, trends, SN1, SN2, NMR/IR, some extractions) but other than that, I'm screwed. Hopefully, the C/P section on July 22 plays to my strengths. I'm worried sick about that section :(
Thank you! Trust me, I completely empathize with the misery of studying while simply not being that good at C/P. While I was studying, I told myself I would get a test that played to my strengths as a coping mechanism, and I obviously didn't. Somehow, the bio section wound up being the one that really boned me (125 :'( ). Even if you feel like you didn't do well, especially on C/P, my advice is to go ahead and score it. Everyone told me that you really can't predict your score based on how you felt because the curve adjusts for difficulty, but I truly didn't believe it was true until I saw my C/P score. Best of luck! You will be free soon!

Thank you! Trust me, I completely empathize with the misery of studying while simply not being that good at C/P. While I was studying, I told myself I would get a test that played to my strengths as a coping mechanism, and I obviously didn't. Somehow, the bio section wound up being the one that really boned me (125 :'( ). Even if you feel like you didn't do well, especially on C/P, my advice is to go ahead and score it. Everyone told me that you really can't predict your score based on how you felt because the curve adjusts for difficulty, but I truly didn't believe it was true until I saw my C/P score. Best of luck! You will be free soon!

Did you feel like you got less than 70% of the questions correct on the C/P section?