If youre in limbo, you might wanna call...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sanktank7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I havent heard back from a good number of MSTPs that I applied to. I know many notify/start screening late and others have silently put my app on hold. However, I thought Id call NYU and ask whats up. My file was complete in August and I called on 12/3. They said theyd call me back, never did...but the next day I got an interview invite via email. Obviously my call had some impact so Id encourage others to call if youre in any doubt regarding your status. The worst (and likely) thing that will happen is they say "your file is under review, we will notify you when there is a change in your status...blah blahh"

Members don't see this ad.

I usually post this every year. Thanks for the reminder :thumbup:

Every year someone reports that they checked their app somewhere, a LOR was missing, but it was now past the school's deadline for interview. If you haven't heard your file is complete at a program, check!!!

I havent heard back from a good number of MSTPs that I applied to. I know many notify/start screening late and others have silently put my app on hold. However, I thought Id call NYU and ask whats up. My file was complete in August and I called on 12/3. They said theyd call me back, never did...but the next day I got an interview invite via email. Obviously my call had some impact so Id encourage others to call if youre in any doubt regarding your status. The worst (and likely) thing that will happen is they say "your file is under review, we will notify you when there is a change in your status...blah blahh"

Yeah.... I've been thinking of doing this. A couple of schools i applied to have a notification deadline coming up very soon so it's apparently not looking good for me there...