If you're waiting on Columbia, check your permanent address

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ah1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my Columbia acceptance came on Friday, and I JUST found out this morning when my parents called.. because they sent it to my home address and I didn't tell my parents to check for it. It's worth checking, because this was one long and grueling (unnecessarily) weekend!

Check what you put down, and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the info, the snail mail is driving me crazy. I'll check my perm address... Does anyone know if Columbia definitely sends out a decision on Dec. 1 for all the pre-dec interviewees? Whether it's a rejection, waitlist, or acceptance, are we all definitely going to get some kind of snail mail from them? This is driving me nuts. I'm in North Florida and haven't received any mail yet.

No, you're not guaranteed to get a decision. If you're not in the batch of acceptances that went out Dec 1, there's still the possibility that they're keeping you in the pool for (potentially) another round. I know acceptance letters have made it out here to California, so maybe you missed the first round, but no news is still good news. You're still in the game until told otherwise. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
No, you're not guaranteed to get a decision. If you're not in the batch of acceptances that went out Dec 1, there's still the possibility that they're keeping you in the pool for (potentially) another round. I know acceptance letters have made it out here to California, so maybe you missed the first round, but no news is still good news. You're still in the game until told otherwise. :luck:

Ok, got it. Ty. :luck:

yeah i interviewed in september and i haven't heard anything yet... im in NC. it's good to know somebody besides me is in the same boat

Thanks!

Me: "Did I get any mail recently?"
Dad: "Oh yeah, a big letter from Columbia came. You got in."