Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

IF.....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ithinkso, Apr 5, 2001.

1. ithinkso

ithinkso Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

if got like 33+ on MCAT, and i have over 3.0 gpa can i get into medical school. not competitive school
    at this situation...
    what "OTHER" things will balance ur app.
    TELL ME EVERYTHING I NEED TO BE DOING>>

THX

SPUKI KILO KILO KILO
    kakkakakaka

2. if got like 33+ on MCAT, and i have over 3.0 gpa can i get into medical school. not competitive school
    at this situation...
    what "OTHER" things will balance ur app.
    TELL ME EVERYTHING I NEED TO BE DOING>>

I know this is a Pre-Med forum and all ... BUT it gets really annoying when you get different people who post and ASK THE SAME
    QUESTIONS all the time. (ESPECIALLY WHEN THOSE QUESTIONS HAVE ALREADY BEEN ADDRESSED RECENTLY IN OTHER POSTS)

Just my $0.02!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by UGBoI (edited April 05, 2001).]

3. poohbear

poohbear Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Are you writing in code here?

4. priddygirl

priddygirl Junior Member

I certainly hope you do not have that same attitude towards one of your patients when they seek your consolation and advice. If you are so tired of the "what if" posts then don't read them. Noone is forcing you to open it.
    Realize that every person comes from a different station in life and with that comes various anxieties and concerns. There is often some comfort in receiving encouragement from peers and others who have travelled the same path.

5. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    If you have a 33+ and a 3.0+, then you definitely have a chance at getting in. The more your GPA is above that 3.0, the greater the chance. The more your MCAT is above a 33, the greater the chance.

As for what else to boost your application, health care experience is obviously very important. Volunteer experience is very important. Work experience and research experience are important as well, but I would venture to say less so than the previous two. This is not to say that you need all four of the above components for a successful application. However, I definitely think some sort of experience in health care is expected. Campus and leadership activities are also looked upon favorably.

Hopefully this answers your question.

6. BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon curmudgeon
    10+ Year Member

Congratulations! You have an 83% chance of being accepted if you apply to one school. If you apply to more than one, your chances go up to 91%. Hope this pleases you.

7. BlueFalcon

BlueFalcon curmudgeon
    10+ Year Member

Oh yes, and as for everything you should be doing... Brush and floss twice a day, remove from your closet any clothes you have not worn in the past year, and be nice to puppies and children. Good luck!

8. Doggy

Doggy Member
    10+ Year Member

UGBoI,

I totally agree with you. [​IMG]

If I ever see more than 4 patients with the same health problem, then I will say to all subsequent patients: "it gets really annoying when you get different people who... ASK THE SAME QUESTIONS all the time."

Gimme a break. Like priddygirl says, no one is forcing you to read. If you bother to respond, then just be kind enough to give them the link to the other threads.

To ithinkso,

As for "Can you get into medical school?" The answer is "ithinkso." [​IMG] To reiterate lilycat, your numbers are decent, but getting into med school goes beyond numbers. Overall, show commitment to the field of medicine and show improvement as far as your grades.

9. Priddygirl,

Geesh, I knew someone was going to make that comparison. Don't you have any original lines of your OWN ?

You're right ... BUT .... in case YOU didn't notice, the post topic was titled "IF" and NOT "WHAT IF I GOT LIKE 33+ on my MCAT". Don't you think they should have checked the following posts b 4 posting?

http://www.studentdoctor.net/bbs/Forum1/HTML/001723.html
    http://www.studentdoctor.net/bbs/Forum1/HTML/000917.html
    http://www.studentdoctor.net/bbs/Forum1/HTML/001690.html
    http://www.studentdoctor.net/bbs/Forum1/HTML/001632.html
    http://www.studentdoctor.net/bbs/Forum1/HTML/001606.html
    http://www.studentdoctor.net/bbs/Forum1/HTML/001506.html
    http://www.studentdoctor.net/bbs/Forum1/HTML/001581.html
    http://www.studentdoctor.net/bbs/Forum1/HTML/001593.html

There are at LEAST 10 more posts that I have not listed which adequately answer this topic. Didn't you think for one sec. that this person was just trying to TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT? Also, please don't try to give me that "I hope you do not have the same attitude towards your patient line". If you have the time and want to type your HEAD OFF replying to posts that have already been answered elsewhere, THEN YOU BE MY GUEST!

Good Grief!

While it may be true that every person is at a different point in their life ..... the various anxieties and concerns that this post ADDRESSED correlates with the same concerns of ALL pre-med students which is HOW TO EFFECTIVELY MATRICULATE INTO MED SCHOOL. Wouldn't you agree?

The person who posted this topic was looking for information and "OTHER things to balance their app". I believe YOU are mistaken when you imply that they are looking to receive encouragment from their peers and from others who have travelled the same path!

I don't feel like arguing on the board. If you want to continue this personally, you can e-mail me.

Regards,

10. Hey Doggy,

Well Put [​IMG]

11. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Why does everything have to be an argument here?

12. I'll have to ask my Mommy that one ... haha [​IMG]

13. [​IMG]

14. ithinkso

ithinkso Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

okie. sorry to make this thread into an argunment.
    i dont have any of the stats i have listed. (i wish) i would be so happy if i had a 33 with a 3.0....
    im just saying that that that will be my stats if i work hard for two years.
    purpose of this thread is just to get some sort of assurance that if i ever get to the above stats i would have a chance for admission.

KILO

15. priddygirl

priddygirl Junior Member

I don't feel like arguing on the board. If you want to continue this personally, you can e-mail me.

Apparently you do because you are typing your head off

[This message has been edited by UGBoI (edited April 05, 2001).][/B][/QUOTE]

16. See my earlier thread on "For Some Perspective". Its a tense time of year for pre-meds and others.

Breathe deeply, count to 10 before replying...