Yadster101

7+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2010
Status
Medical Student
K guys im just lookin for some advice

just took a chem exam and didn't do as well as i would have liked but IT WAS NOT BECAUSE I DIDNT KNOW THE MATERIAL

The test was 30 questions and in the first 15 q's i had 1 question wrong. I would say thats pretty damn good considering the exams are curved like 10 percent...but on the second half i had like 8 wrong-6 of which were the last 6 problems.

Its safe to say i ran outta time and if had another 10mins i prolly would have done much better.... so wtf do i do? I have friends that finished with like 15mins left--i know im a slow test taker so i guess im paying for that now.

How can i improve my speed? Is chem always like this?

Rant: This is sooo stupid. EVERY other class gives excess time during exams to ensure ppl finish with time to spare. Why does it matter if i take 1hr to take a test or 1hr and 20mins!?!? Does that really test my knowledge??? **** this *******

solo75

7+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2010
Texas
Status
Medical Student
K guys im just lookin for some advice

just took a chem exam and didn't do as well as i would have liked but IT WAS NOT BECAUSE I DIDNT KNOW THE MATERIAL

The test was 30 questions and in the first 15 q's i had 1 question wrong. I would say thats pretty damn good considering the exams are curved like 10 percent...but on the second half i had like 8 wrong-6 of which were the last 6 problems.

Its safe to say i ran outta time and if had another 10mins i prolly would have done much better.... so wtf do i do? I have friends that finished with like 15mins left--i know im a slow test taker so i guess im paying for that now.

How can i improve my speed? Is chem always like this?

Rant: This is sooo stupid. EVERY other class gives excess time during exams to ensure ppl finish with time to spare. Why does it matter if i take 1hr to take a test or 1hr and 20mins!?!? Does that really test my knowledge??? **** this *******
You don't extra time on the MCAT. So yes, chem is always like that.

Do more practice problems and man up.

thespazz

Kind of a big deal.
Dec 30, 2009
Status
Medical Student
:troll:

edit: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Forthegood

ProcrastinationAficionado
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2008
Lexington, KY
Status
Medical Student
Work harder and know your stuff better so you can think and work faster.

You get the same amount of time as everyone else, so adjust.

getright

7+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Do a lot more problems and teach yourself some tricks.

Isoprop

Fascinating, tell me more
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2007
Status
Medical Student