Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Ignore error on Re-SUBMIT

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by USeF, Sep 6, 2001.

1. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.
    10+ Year Member

Good morning boys and girls out there in internet-land!

A helpful individual (maybe I'm biased right now ;) at AMCAS told me that in fact the error that pops up when you hit submit IS the error. The data really is submitted, but the window that is supposed to pop up "thanks for submitting" has been accidentally replaced with the "all parts of your application must be complete before submitting" one.

So I decided to go ahead and ask what REALLY matters.. verification. "Second thing, I have had the red X's since the first week of August (can you beleive that was a month ago?) with no checks next to my grades or anything. What is the approximate time-"

"Sir, your application is complete, it has been verified. Look for the email in the coming week?"
    -silence-
    "You mean it's done, done?! Like it will-"

"Yes, sir, even though nothing has shown up on the webpage, you are verified and will be receiving notification in a week!"

Needless to say, folks, I really am smiling like this :D

oh yeah, I submitted on 7/7

2. simpleton

simpleton Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello USF, this may be a silly question but I was wondering if you were applying to USF? If you are applying there have you heard anything back. I have sent my secondary in a ways back but no word yet.

3. hellojed

hellojed Member
    10+ Year Member

So I wanted to cry when I read that post. When I moved I tried to submit my address change and kept getting that "error" message. I called AMCAS and the guy told me that yes, we can see the change on the screen but it's not being submitted. Yeah, like I needed to call you guys to answer my question with my original question! He took down my email and phone number, and I never heard from them. But during this time, I've been getting the daily emails that my application has been verified, etc, although I stopped getting those emails as of yesterday.

So yesterday I called them to see what was going on with my address change, and this different guy told me to "just click on the ADD button" What add button? The only Add button I knew of is the screen to email AMCAS about your coursework or transcript changes, where there are big red Xs over the category so you can't change it there. There was no category in the pull down menu for Biographical changes.

So I read this post this morning and saw that this whole time, every time I clicked submit it really was being submitted????
    That would mean that I submitted about 50 times! Each time, is it being transmitted to the schools? :( :( :(

4. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.
    10+ Year Member

The people at AMCAS probably are not all as up-to-date on the errors as we would hope. Too many small errors popping up too often for them to know about. My suggestion is to ask them specifically about that part of the application which you attempted to change. That's what I did to realize it worked.

and I'd guess NO, the entire app is not sent to each school everytime you make hit submit. They sent apps to the schools on dates all over the place (look at your printout) so I doubt they are efficient enough to continue sending them out each update.