IIT clinical psychology phd program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clinicalpsych2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
anybody have any thoughts on IIT's (Illinois Institute of Technology) clinical psychology program including funding (recent information)?

would be really helpful to me! thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
This is a solid training program but unfortunately funding appears to be an issue. I looked into it a while back and the stipend was pretty low. I looked at the admission versus enrollment data. They make 20-30 offers to bring in a cohort of 5-10 students. Makes me think that they get competitive applicants who go elsewhere due to funding. Just my take from two years ago. Things could obviously be different now.

agreed, from my anecdotal experience the students receive good training and research mentorship. The cost is very prohibitive, thus I would not recommend it unless money was not an issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the responses! do you guys have anymore details about funding? (cost, how much funding they give you---an estimate)?

No but the last time I checked their website was fairly transparent. Read the Student Admissions and Outcomes page. Its pretty clear from what is on the website that you will be paying some, likely sizable, amount of tuition. From what I remember the stipend was pretty small. Things could have changed over the past couple of years so who knows....

thanks for the responses! do you guys have anymore details about funding? (cost, how much funding they give you---an estimate)?

I had a co-worker who attended IIT's clinical pscyh program. He had the stats to get into programs elsewhere, but really wanted to stay in the Chicago area to complete his Ph.D. work and did not have any luck with UIC, Loyola, or Depaul. From his report, they only offered tuition remission for about half the credit hours he needed to take in his first year. Other than the funding issue, he had good things to say about the training and felt like it prepared him well to do the type of clinical work he was interested in.

I was offered admission by this program last year. I really liked the program, but as others have mentioned, the main thing holding me back was funding. 6 credits for the fall and spring semesters of your first year are waived because you'll work with CPS conducting assessments, but that's the only funding you'll receive (at least that's what the situation was last year).

Thank you guys for all the replies! I didn't end up going to the interview and have accepted an offer at miami university in Ohio. I am fully funded for 5 years and on top of that get an annual stipend of $16,150. The program was also a great fit for me although financials were also important in the decision making process.

Reactions: 1 users