1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Illinois Dental Schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ToothDoctor, Sep 26, 2002.

1. ToothDoctor

ToothDoctor Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Just curious if anyone else that reads this board applied to either University of Illinois College of Dentistry OR Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine? Seems as though everyone applied to schools out east.

Thanks,
    Juli

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MrFutureDMD

MrFutureDMD Member
    7+ Year Member

I am applying to SIU--SDM mainly because I'm in the MEDPREP Post-Bacc program at SIU-Carbondale. Otherwise, I wouldn't apply there if I wasn't a resident. They really favor state residents.

4. juice_cruz

juice_cruz Member
    10+ Year Member

Toothe Doc.

I started at U of Illinois-Chicago this past fall. Let me know if you have any questions.

Juice

5. Toothfairy

Toothfairy Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Tooth Doc,
    I also go to UIC, and could help you with anything you want to know. I also believe I am one of juice-cruz's classmates; however, I don't actually know his real name. So juice-cruz, if you happen to read this, what's your real name?:)

6. Zurich5

Zurich5 Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Would you guys mind telling us which part of illinois you're from, and your stats. If not on here maybe a pm? I'm from the southern part and am very interested in UIC. Just curious.

7. ToothDoctor

ToothDoctor Member
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I am from Rockford, IL and I'm very interested in attending UIC 's dental school. I received a letter from Ann yesterday stating that my application file was complete. She said applications will be reviewed between December 1 & January 15. Where are you guys from? How was the interview? Any kind of info will be helpful.

Thanks,
    Juli