I'm 2 months complete and still no response

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sincity college

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to those of you that have been completed for a long time now, but still haven't heard back from schools.

Do schools always get back to you regarding an interview, hold, or rejection? Or do some schools have silent rejections?

I've heard this year has record number of applicants, so is this why there is such a delay?

I'm just tired of sitting around checking my inbox all day...

Members don't see this ad.

which is why you should set up something like Mail or Microsoft Outlook :)

which is why you should set up something like Mail or Microsoft Outlook :)

gmail notifier, all the way. loves it!

OP, I'm still waiting on my Jefferson rejection from this past cycle. I figure it's a safe bet that I'm not in the 2012 class, but hey, official notice would be nice. Or even just an acknowledgment of the $80 secondary fee. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just curious as to those of you that have been completed for a long time now, but still haven't heard back from schools.

Do schools always get back to you regarding an interview, hold, or rejection? Or do some schools have silent rejections?

I've heard this year has record number of applicants, so is this why there is such a delay?

I'm just tired of sitting around checking my inbox all day...
There are a few of us with pretty good stats that haven't heard much, yet. I applied to over 30 schools with a 33/3.75 with a good PS and good LORs and received my first interview invite last week (which is relieving, but still worrisome considering there is still a huge possibility of rejection and not getting in this cycle!).

Hopefully its no big deal and its just that all of the "uber-premeds" are being interviewed first.

I feel your pain. I have similiar stats (3.81 gpa/34 MCAT) and haven't heard anything from schools despite being complete for months. I'm considering looking into nursing programs at this point.

I feel your pain. I have similiar stats (3.81 gpa/34 MCAT) and haven't heard anything from schools despite being complete for months. I'm considering looking into nursing programs at this point.
Its frustrating, but that's excessive :p If you don't get in this year (as with me and anyone else with similar numbers) we just need to make our application a bit more impressive (ECs, etc, not numbers). But, despite my anxiety over it all, I think we'll be fine :)

I'm still waiting to hear back from Loyola. And my application cycle was two years ago.

I must say that if there's anything I've learned from this whole process, it's that I don't know anything about it. Conjecturing about why the person with all the same awesome stats as yours got an interview and you didn't can be an endless source of agony. I think what's important is that people stay grounded. At the end of the day, we can only obsess about what adcoms are thinking during this long, dreadful process - and most of the time we'll be wrong. I suggest that you go out and do something else with your time other than biting your fingernails over why you haven't gotten an interview yet (or the interview that you've been wanting). Be productive. Be active. Go hang out with your friends. Go to a movie. Exercise. Go out and be that awesome and well-rounded person that you claim to be on your med school applications. There's nothing more you can do from this point on. If you leave your computer for more than a minute to go out and do something fun, you might find a couple invites in your inbox when you come back. As for the med schools that will have never given you an update after all this is over, oh well. You can forget about them. You will at least be able to find solace in the fact that you paid as little mind to them as they did to your application during this entire process. Hopefully by the end of all this, we'll have found a med school that we really like. That's just my two cents.

AtG

i'm a reapplicant and despite improving my application i am faced with silence yet AGAIN. basically very sad and very depressing. i might go live under a rock in the very near future and cry.. but hopefully someone will just interview me.

and yes, schools do give silent rejections. rush still has not rejected me from last year. i wonder if there is still a chance !?!

i'm a reapplicant and despite improving my application i am faced with silence yet AGAIN. basically very sad and very depressing. i might go live under a rock in the very near future and cry.. but hopefully someone will just interview me.

and yes, schools do give silent rejections. rush still has not rejected me from last year. i wonder if there is still a chance !?!

I'm a reapplicant too, and it's strange--the only schools that have given me interviews so far this cycle are ones that I didn't apply to last year, even though the majority of my school list is composed of reapplications. I've been getting nothing but bad news or no news from the schools I'm reapplying to. Did you try expanding your school list?

I'm a reapplicant too, and it's strange--the only schools that have given me interviews so far this cycle are ones that I didn't apply to last year, even though the majority of my school list is composed of reapplications. I've been getting nothing but bad news or no news from the schools I'm reapplying to. Did you try expanding your school list?
How the heck did it work out that you didn't get in last year? That's scary...

I'm a reapplicant too, and it's strange--the only schools that have given me interviews so far this cycle are ones that I didn't apply to last year. I've been getting nothing but bad news or no news from the schools I'm reapplying to. Did you try expanding your school list?

yesss ! i did . in fact i got rejected from one of my newer schools, haha ! yay for that.

admissions committees with my application: :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

me: :eek:

What are your numbers like? (I'm assuming your EC's are satisfactory)