NATO

10+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2009
Tacoma (WA)
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
There are currently 4 universities in the states that have an entry-level OTD program. I am a single 31 year old woman with no kids and no husband/boyfriend. I live in the DC area and, unfortunately, these 4 programs are not in-state and therefore much more costly than the 4 MOT programs in my state. Should I go for entry level MOT or OTD?

Last edited:

exrx

10+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2008
Status
DPT / OTD
There are currently 4 universities in the states that have an entry-level OTD program. I am a single 31 year old woman with no kids and no husband/boyfriend. I live in the DC area and, unfortunately, these 4 programs are not in-state and therefore much more costly than the 4 MOT programs in my state. Should I go for entry level MOT or OTD?

I'm practically in the same boat you're in. I would just do the ms and have your employer pay for your otd tuition. At least, that's what I'm doing.

superCOTA

MS, OT by 2011 !!!
10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
exrx, who would pay for your OTD tuition?
union? state job?

exrx

10+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2008
Status
DPT / OTD
exrx, who would pay for your OTD tuition?
union? state job?
Exactly, it depends on the employer. Some hospitals pay anywhere between 2-5+(k) per semester for employee cont. ed. others may not. Some clinics pay a fair portion for cont. ed as well. As you well know, it just depends on the benefit package with the job offer.

r0t

10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Status
Get your entry level MOT. Once you complete the program you may want a different PHd to compliment your Masters. Just a thought.