I'm 31 years old - Should I go for entry level MOT or OTD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NATO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are currently 4 universities in the states that have an entry-level OTD program. I am a single 31 year old woman with no kids and no husband/boyfriend. I live in the DC area and, unfortunately, these 4 programs are not in-state and therefore much more costly than the 4 MOT programs in my state. Should I go for entry level MOT or OTD?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
There are currently 4 universities in the states that have an entry-level OTD program. I am a single 31 year old woman with no kids and no husband/boyfriend. I live in the DC area and, unfortunately, these 4 programs are not in-state and therefore much more costly than the 4 MOT programs in my state. Should I go for entry level MOT or OTD?

I'm practically in the same boat you're in. I would just do the ms and have your employer pay for your otd tuition. At least, that's what I'm doing.

exrx, who would pay for your OTD tuition?
union? state job?

Members don't see this ad :)
exrx, who would pay for your OTD tuition?
union? state job?

Exactly, it depends on the employer. Some hospitals pay anywhere between 2-5+(k) per semester for employee cont. ed. others may not. Some clinics pay a fair portion for cont. ed as well. As you well know, it just depends on the benefit package with the job offer.

Get your entry level MOT. Once you complete the program you may want a different PHd to compliment your Masters. Just a thought.