Im a Californian, Should I apply to Peurto Rico, Canadian Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
E

ElBerHarSo

So money is very important to me since I incurred a lot of debt while in undergrad.

I looked at some of the schools and I see that Medical College of Georgia is cheap, Peurto Rico is cheap, University of Laval in Canada is cheap and University of Montreal.

Are those schools any good? Would I have to learn how to speak Spanish if I went to Peurto Rico?

I definitely want to come back to California and work in Western Dental and then have my own office. I dont want to teach or do research.

What should I do? I really dont want to be in debt 300k when I get out because it's going to be hell to pay it off.

Please give me advice, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I definitely want to come back to California and work in Western Dental and then have my own office. I dont want to teach or do research.

Trollinvasion.jpg

BTW, MCG is only for instate residents. so good luck getting in from cali.
Puerto Rico is a nice place but you would have to learn spanish if you went there.
I have never heard anyone saying I want to work at Western Dental.

Members don't see this ad :)
Forget Canada unless you have a 4.0 GPA. and a 32 on ur MCAT.

For Canadians 3.75 is prolly competitive, but our calculations are different so i can only imagine you'd need a 3.9 or so to get in.

As for dentistry, it may be different because you are competing against foreign student spots. But all I know is they take your best two years. U of Toronto is 21 AA 19-20 PAT and just a 3.88 for an interview this year. And Western university is 21AA and about 89% for gpa for best two years. Its all relative. Apply, see what happens! But it is definitely very TOUGH because we simply dont have the number of seats for the large applicant pool.

Forget Canada unless you have a 4.0 GPA. and a 32 on ur MCAT.

For Canadians 3.75 is prolly competitive, but our calculations are different so i can only imagine you'd need a 3.9 or so to get in.

As for dentistry, it may be different because you are competing against foreign student spots. But all I know is they take your best two years. U of Toronto is 21 AA 19-20 PAT and just a 3.88 for an interview this year. And Western university is 21AA and about 89% for gpa for best two years. Its all relative. Apply, see what happens! But it is definitely very TOUGH because we simply dont have the number of seats for the large applicant pool.

Why would you want to go to America Jr? :laugh:

Can we just save ourselves the wasted time and threads now and just close this thread before we have another canada vs. US dental school webbash

Can we just save ourselves the wasted time and threads now and just close this thread before we have another canada vs. US dental school webbash

I agree Close This Thread

Yes, and will someone please make a thread about community college.

how does the canadian gpa calculation work? is it dropping an academic year or calendar year?