Danny289

10+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
It deponds, there are people hit 20ish with studying two weeks, (at least what they claim), I think it is possible if you have extermly strong background. good luck

Rmartinez

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
in a word: no

I registered for the DAT sometime ago earlier this year and totally forgot about it. I wasn't planning on taking it until 2009. I was browsing through my email and notice that i registered it on Jan 2nd of 2008 which will expire this jan 2nd 2009. I called up ADA and asked if whether I can push back the test for a little while because I am unprepared!! They sad NO, YOU CAN'T. The economy is going down, I just lost my job earlier last week and I don't want to waste 200. Do you guys think with 17 days left i can study and knock a 20 on this test? I'm an average student. :(

:eek:

Any help is appreciated. Even a schedule would be nice.. I'll follow it and kick it up my ass:(... I'm totally depress now that I don't know where to get the money for the bills.... so i'll do anything to get 20...:(

About the Ads

urDDS

10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2008
Status
thats funny, you have the right to reschedual your exam prior to 2 days before the exam itself.

Simiam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Philly
Status
Dental Student
You could try, but a 20 would probably be hard if you say you are average. I think if you had the right materials and studied 12 hours a day without distraction you might be able to pull a decent score. Worth a shot to study your butt off for 16days and see where your at on Jan 1

keliao

10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
NorthEast
Status
Pre-Dental
dont waste your chances on taking it if you are not prepared.....you can only take 3 times max.

eldirty

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2008
Status
Dentist
I would reschedule and use your newly acquire free time to get adequately prepared ... like others have said, dont risk wasting any of your tests.

prydA

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
wait i don't get why you can't reschedule? you already rescheduled once this year or something? anyway, if it comes down to it, just eat the money and don't waste the opportunity

Mrbubbles

si,thats a black squirrel
10+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Status
Dental Student
are u kidding me?? ur acting like it's just some "test." it's THE test and if u wanna do well, do it well the first time cuz these scores stick with you. that's great ur doing kaplan but that book is NOT good enough! u need other sources and a week to at least take some practice exams and go over ur mistsakes..
think of it this way, u do bad on this one, ur gonna have to fork out another $200 (or whatever the fee is) and u have bad scores in ur record..

Keep calling ADA and ask for other people higher than the person ur talking to so u can get an extension. c'mon people.

About the Ads