I'm a Friggin' Dancin' Machine...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaltySqueegee

El Rey de Salsa
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Techno, R&B, Country (Dixie Chicks), Heavy Metal (Fear Factory, Faith no More), Fleetwood Mac, etc.

I become a friggin' dancin' machine when I study for my medical school classes. Give me a White Board, Dry Markers, and some music and I'm good to go with studying for hours.

What do you guys/gals do to help you retain your information. :thumbup: :D :laugh: :)

Members don't see this ad.

SaltySqueegee said:
Techno, R&B, Country (Dixie Chicks), Heavy Metal (Fear Factory, Faith no More), Fleetwood Mac, etc.

I become a friggin' dancin' machine when I study for my medical school classes. Give me a White Board, Dry Markers, and some music and I'm good to go with studying for hours.

What do you guys/gals do to help you retain your information. :thumbup: :D :laugh: :)

I was thinking about trying that technique...I don't even have a radio, though...but I get really restless when I try to sit down and study in a quiet room. Put me in a library to study, and I feel like I'm in prison! I can't seem to stay there for more than a few minutes.

I'm definitely a fan of studying to music...I feel like I do my best studying while working out to hip-hop music on the elliptical machine...except it's hard to read too much while bouncing up and down! :p

Hmmm, I wonder if I could get some good music in my room at a decent volume without having my hall-mates tell me to turn it down! Good idea...

closertofine said:
I was thinking about trying that technique...I don't even have a radio, though...but I get really restless when I try to sit down and study in a quiet room. Put me in a library to study, and I feel like I'm in prison! I can't seem to stay there for more than a few minutes.

I'm definitely a fan of studying to music...I feel like I do my best studying while working out to hip-hop music on the elliptical machine...except it's hard to read too much while bouncing up and down! :p

Hmmm, I wonder if I could get some good music in my room at a decent volume without having my hall-mates tell me to turn it down! Good idea...

I can't study to music. I start thinking about the music more than the stuff I'm studying, and I end up wasting time. That's just me though.

-Ice

Members don't see this ad :)
SaltySqueegee said:

i don't study. god and i have a deal with each other -- i believe in him and he does stuff for me. just the other day:

me: god, i love you

god: yeah yeah yeah what do you want now?

me: that hot chick across the room

god: (bursts out laughing)................................(won't shut the hell up).........(calms down)..............i'm not that powerful

ok, bad example...

I don't study with music, I won't be able to concentrate.

But is it just me, or have you ever realized that studying with a white board and markers is always more entertaining than studying on paper? Maybe I have an authority complex and should have been a teacher. :D

I can't study to popular music (with words) although classical music is great backround noise.

Tiki said:
I don't study with music, I won't be able to concentrate.

But is it just me, or have you ever realized that studying with a white board and markers is always more entertaining than studying on paper? Maybe I have an authority complex and should have been a teacher. :D
I couldn't agree more! For some reason, I get 1/2 as bored when I write on a white board as opposed to a piece of paper or my laptop. Maybe it's just because I'm up and active rather than sitting in a chair.

rah223 said:
I couldn't agree more! For some reason, I get 1/2 as bored when I write on a white board as opposed to a piece of paper or my laptop. Maybe it's just because I'm up and active rather than sitting in a chair.
I agree, its the being up and active at the white board, and at least for me, listening to music (usually techno with a good fast paced beat) that keeps me goin'.

awesome...now I don't feel so weird about pacing while studying. If I have either notes or a small, light, paperback book, I find a room that is not my aparment and pace around while studying. As long as I am up and walking I don't get tired. I can pace for hours and read, whereas 10 minutes sitting in a chair reading will put me to sleep (unless I go to a coffee shop where there is some noise/distraction). It is a good way to get some exercise too...I don't even want to know how many miles I walked tonight studying for embryology. :D

stdying sucks--i'm trying to take a practice basic science exam that we take every3 months starting school (it's kinda pointless at the beginning)--and i'm on an out of town elective, so they mailed me the bloody thing--how stupid-we know the worth of it. So I've been in the library tryin' to take this thing all evening, I hate it!!-- it's like 400 q's. Alrite, gotta get goin' --on #150 an it's 11pm--aahhhh. Gotta be postmarked by tomr.

me. said:
i don't study. god and i have a deal with each other -- i believe in him and he does stuff for me. just the other day:

me: god, i love you

god: yeah yeah yeah what do you want now?

me: that hot chick across the room

god: (bursts out laughing)................................(won't shut the hell up).........(calms down)..............i'm not that powerful

ok, bad example...

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

I literally spit just out a piece of pineapple onto the screen I laughed so hard at this.