I'm a gunner now..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TTSD

Sexually Deprived
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
DAMMIT! Okay, I get my anatomy midterm back and I see a freakin 85% on there. You're probably like, "85%?! Are you crazy?!!" Well, this is the first time I've dipped anywhere below 90% and it's driving me insane at how badly I messed up my practical.

To elaborate further, for those of you who don't know yet, I'm a Carib student. So while technically I'm learning the same things as US students, our faculty (at least anatomy) are great, but in my mind, and in actuality I need to perform above and beyond to score a good residency. I'm still honoring with a couple of points to spare.. but I'm EXTREMELY disappointed with myself. Is this gunnerish, or too high of an expectation?

Members don't see this ad.

being disappointed in your grade because of higher expectations is not gunnerish.... but to go out and screw others over so u can improve on the next one, is definitely something a gunner would do

I think it's great that you have the drive necessary to take you to the top of the class. This will be especially important if you want to match well in the states. I hold the same aspirations for myself in addition to being involved in research, EC clubs and volunteering at clinics. I would expect nothing less of myself and therefore would have you expect nothing less of yourself. Just curious, what is the break point for honors at your school? We need a 92% for honors, which makes it challenging.

Q

Members don't see this ad :)
Quixotic said:
I think it's great that you have the drive necessary to take you to the top of the class. This will be especially important if you want to match well in the states. I hold the same aspirations for myself in addition to being involved in research, EC clubs and volunteering at clinics. I would expect nothing less of myself and therefore would have you expect nothing less of yourself. Just curious, what is the break point for honors at your school? We need a 92% for honors, which makes it challenging.

Q

90%

I've heard carib schools are easier to get in to, but harder to do well in (they can be very tough on the students). If your step 1 and 3rd yr rotations are good, you will be fine for residency.

I don't want to sound like a troll, but doctors are never going to be perfect. You are going to have your good days as well as bad days. Five points from being where you want to be is not bad thing. Just think it will make you study even harder for the next exam. However, if you did everything you could do, and still got an 85, be proud of it, and try harder next time. Dwelling on it does no one good, and will just depress you. Just place your frustration into the next exam. Hope that advice helps.