I'm addicted to doctor TV shows!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I loveeee doctor TV shows. The drama ones, Nip/Tuck, House, and Scrubs are absolutely great ... but, my favorite are the real ones on Discovery Health. Code Blue, Mystery Diagnosis, Trama: True Life in the ER, Plastic Surgery, Beverly Hills ... all great!!

I wish I got that channel.

Members don't see this ad.

Best doc on TV: Zoidberg...whoowhoowhoowhoowhoop!

Zoidberg is a pretty amazing physician.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Sans Serif] Cubert: Do you even have a medical degree?
Dr. Zoidberg: I lost it.. in a volcano.

Dr. Jack Shepard????

jack1.jpg

Sexy! I love Jack!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been wondering lately if the popularity of "Grey's" has spiked an increase of people applying to med school...I heard that a few years back "CSI" almost doubled the amount of people studying criminology.

I have a hard time watching it, myself, if only because Meredith's awful mousy limp hair drives me to distraction.

discover health = :love:

It's definitely (and appropriately) geared towards a non-medically trained public and ends up seeming a bit sensationalist to those of us in medical school and beyond. It'll be interesting to see if you still enjoy it in the same way after you've gotten a couple years into medical school.

I have a hard time watching it, myself, if only because Meredith's awful mousy limp hair drives me to distraction.
:laugh:

I used to like Dr. G medical examiner but then they started fuzzing out all the pics so you couldn't see anything.

I've been wondering lately if the popularity of "Grey's" has spiked an increase of people applying to med school...I heard that a few years back "CSI" almost doubled the amount of people studying criminology.

:laugh: for me it's that and how her mouth never seems to close when she's not talking

Why watch stuff that you will one day be living man!!! Watch some real entertainment.:laugh:

Spot on. Reality medical shows are dreadful.

House, on the other hand, best dialogue on television. The actual medicine on the show has gotten worse, but Hugh Laurie keeps getting funnier. It would be even better if he broke out into a british accent on occasion.

I don't understand how people can still like Grey's Anatomy...it's like each episode the writers have to outdo themselves and make it the crappiest episode ever. Which Grey's character or Grey's character relative is going to need major, live-saving surgery next????

House and Scrubs though...so great!

That would be amazing. If anyone watches The Wire - one episode McNulty (played by a Brit) adopted a British accent for a cover and the other cops made fun of how bad it was - my kind of subtle humor.

Dr. Zoidberg: "I want the tactile pleasure of cutting him here, in the gonads [points to Fry's neck]"
Fry - Shh! Nobody correct him!

house is the reason i'm going ID. :smuggrin:

i actually like the show, but her mouth reminds me of someone who's had bad/too much plastic surgery. all the skin is like tight and weirdly contorted.

Yep, sort of resembles Priscilla Presley:laugh: watch Dancing With the Stars and you'll be what I mean

I just finished watching the entire fourth season of Nip/Tuck and the fifth is downloading as we speak. Pure amazingness :)

I don't understand how people can still like Grey's Anatomy...it's like each episode the writers have to outdo themselves and make it the crappiest episode ever. Which Grey's character or Grey's character relative is going to need major, live-saving surgery next????

House and Scrubs though...so great!

That's why I was surprised that Grey's was affected by the writers strike :laugh: