I'm an UGLY Premed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What should I do? Maybe I should give up med school and go work at Taco Bell instead...Perhaps I can stay back there in the kitchen so no one can see my face :(

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by CalBeE
What should I do? Maybe I should give up med school and go work at Taco Bell instead...Perhaps I can stay back there in the kitchen so no one can see my face :(

oh no this is going too far.

Originally posted by Eraserhead
oh no this is going too far.

Well Eraser, not everyone's so blessed with good looks, you know ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
that's it calbee, your life will amount to nothing now. here's a line to practrice: want fries with that?

Get lots of plastic surgery... and then you can use it as a part of your application: discuss what a life-changing event it was to go from Chris Farley to Brad Pitt, and how you long to give others the same opportunity!

Originally posted by musiclink213
that's it calbee, your life will amount to nothing now. here's a line to practrice: want fries with that?

I don't think they serve fries at Taco Bell ;)

Well Eraser, not everyone's so blessed with good looks, you know ;)

yeah we can't change the circumstances we are born into dude. :cool:

Dont lose hope yet....perhaps you can distinguish yourself by mentioning how your appalling looks made you realize the importance of such procedures as boob job, face lift, nose job....and now you have much appreciation for the nobility involved in the medical field.

Thanks guys. I'm gonna call up the plastic surgeon next door at Beverly Hills to get all those flaws of mine fixed. I'm sure everyone will be amazed by the New me. Now I finally feel that I can lift my head up and face my patients.

You should emulate Monica Lewinsky, it can get you far ;)

Originally posted by pekq
You should emulate Monica Lewinsky, it can get you far ;)

I have never given BJ though...and prefer not to start doing so...;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Drakensoul
Get lots of plastic surgery... and then you can use it as a part of your application: discuss what a life-changing event it was to go from Chris Farley to Brad Pitt, and how you long to give others the same opportunity!

first of all, chris farley was cool. second, there's no such thing as an ugly person. lastly, plastic surgery can be a lifesaver for those who FEEL ugly.

I bet bewitched doesn't need any plastic.

Originally posted by bewitched1081
first of all, chris farley was cool.

YES, yes he was.
what're you doing saturday night?

I have never given BJ though...and prefer not to start doing so...;)

Never given BJ before you are definetly missing out. Not that I would know. I am a guy:D

Originally posted by supereagles
Never given BJ before you are definetly missing out. Not that I would know. I am a guy:D

Well gender wouldn't make a difference in San Francisco though ;)

Hey Cal ...you never know, maybe the adcoms will have pity for your ugly self and accept you anyway. Or heck you are in san fransisco...perhaps you could wear makeup and if anything it will clearly distinguish you as an applicant. If anyone inquires about the makeup just tell them that in San Fransisco the equality and gender movements have rendered makeup the norm for everybody.

And at least you can look at the bright side of things, at least you know no one will be having any kinda "petty" jealousy toward you unlike some other applicants.... (uhmmm.......tofurkey).

I'm so ugly my own mother doesn't even claim me, so I made a special note on amcas requesting phone interviews only. You should try it. :D

I am so ugly, my mom feeds me with a slingshot. That's why I am hesitant to send my pics on my apps.

Originally posted by pekq
I am so ugly, my mom feeds me with a slingshot. That's why I am hesitant to send my pics on my apps.

She gets close enough to feed you with a slingshot? Lucky! Mine keeps me locked in the attic, and just slips a plate under the door and runs.

Originally posted by Thundrstorm
She gets close enough to feed you with a slingshot? Lucky! Mine keeps me locked in the attic, and just slips a plate under the door and runs.

:laugh: I knew it was just a matter of time before someone came forth with a reply to the other thread. :laugh:

Originally posted by Thundrstorm

Sounds like a foreign movie I watched a long time ago. It was Romanian or an Eastern European country. Anyway, the ending of the movie was that the kid built up so much anger towards her mom that she eventually killed her mom by banging her head on the wall repeatedly.

It's a foreign movie, what do you expect? :p

Hmmm, if you are in California, I guess classifying yourself as an URM wouldn't help much. I think you should mention your ugliness in your application essay (if you haven't already), describe how it has shaped your upbringing (how you were blocked from a better education offered to beautiful people), and how you have overcome such adversity in your life (by putting your ugly face in every public place possible so your presence is not denied). Then once you get into med school, start a Butt Ugly Med Students group (BUMS) group to empower fellow ugly med students. Oh, and don't forget to start a thread on SDN to rally your fellow ugly pre-meds, and start a fellowship/fraternity restricted only to ugly people to promote equality and fairness.

Originally posted by tofurious
Hmmm, if you are in California, I guess classifying yourself as an URM wouldn't help much. I think you should mention your ugliness in your application essay (if you haven't already), describe how it has shaped your upbringing (how you were blocked from a better education offered to beautiful people), and how you have overcome such adversity in your life (by putting your ugly face in every public place possible so your presence is not denied). Then once you get into med school, start a Butt Ugly Med Students group (BUMS) group to empower fellow ugly med students. Oh, and don't forget to start a thread on SDN to rally your fellow ugly pre-meds, and start a fellowship/fraternity restricted only to ugly people to promote equality and fairness.

OMG.......LOL :laugh:

Originally posted by tofurious

YOu're life-saver!:laugh:

Supereagles and Mr. Reddly:

This thread is for butt-ugly pre-meds...so I don't think either of you is qualified to post here :p

ugly.jpg

Stop it Mr. Reddly, don't post MY pic on a public forum...sheeesh! ;)

Originally posted by bewitched1081
second, there's no such thing as an ugly person

Janet Reno... :scared:
Watching that lady lurch around makes me rethink my opposition to abortion.

Stop it Mr. Reddly, don't post MY pic on a public forum...sheeesh! ;)

You look so unique. Any school looking for diversity should definitely look for you. I'm glad that there are other ugly premeds out there.

I'm tired of having to deal with "hot" premeds.

rolleyesbarf2.gif

Originally posted by hamhamfan
You look so unique. Any school looking for diversity should definitely look for you. I'm glad that there are other ugly premeds out there.

I'm tired of having to deal with "hot" premeds.

Yea I think having a "Unique" look will give my patients lasting impression. Even if they don't remember my last name, they can still call me "The unique-looking doctor". They'll definitely remember who I am and will come back for more. :thumbup: