I'm and Engineer and I took the August 2006 MCAT!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Igor4sugry

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just checked my score. -> 34M (11V 12PS 11BS)

This was perhaps the most pleasant surprise of my life. On the practice tests I never got above 31; I expected range of 28-32

oh and yeah ->Mechanical Engineers in da house

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a 36P!! I'm sooo surprised I can't believe it. I swear on the practice tests i was getting 32, maybe 33 on the easy 3R test.

14 on the PS...
Engineers rule!! lol

Just realized something Igor4sugry....our scores are almost identical: 11V 12P 11B P......I'm going to take this opportunity to point out that EE's are better an ME's based soley on our useless writing samples :D

Biological Engineering represent.

35Q (13PS, 11VR, 11BS)
I knew PS won't dissapoint :D

VR: 10, PS:11, BS:12 WS M =/

besides the writing sample, i was really happy with my score. after the test i thought i was going to get below a 30 for sure... hopefully the WS score wont tarnish my score too much

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an engineer too! Congrats to all you engineers :D

Here's me:
PS 13
VR 13
BS 11
WS O

The verbal surprised me! I thought I did better on the Bio and much worse on verbal. Now if I could only do something about that GPA that comes with engineering at most schools. :(

yo engineers - HUGE relief for me - i got a 28M (11P 9V 8B) in April 06, and this time around a 33M (13P 9V 11B). I am an awful writer..

37 Q - BS 12 PS 13 V 12

i have absolutely no idea how I got the Q (thought my essays were horrible)...but hurrah!

i had no good idea of what score i thought i'd get after taking it....and now i have this overwhelming feeling of relief that i don't even have to consider retaking this beast and can thus enjoy my final semester of undergrad (rather than having to take this again)

:)

biomed engineers represent!!! btw, our major has the highest acceptance rate into med schools. Yeah!!!

I don't know how, but I managed a 40P! I hadn't scored higher than 36 in any of the prac tests... and I thought i was going to get a 33 coming out of the exam. Does anyone else feel worried that their scores will change somehow? lol

Oh and btw, Chemical Engineers ROCK!!

37 Q - BS 12 PS 13 V 12

i have absolutely no idea how I got the Q (thought my essays were horrible)...but hurrah!

i had no good idea of what score i thought i'd get after taking it....and now i have this overwhelming feeling of relief that i don't even have to consider retaking this beast and can thus enjoy my final semester of undergrad (rather than having to take this again)

:)

great job! but, as this thread implies, u gotta say what engineering camp you're from. otherwise that score is meaningless to us haha.

great job! but, as this thread implies, u gotta say what engineering camp you're from. otherwise that score is meaningless to us haha.

Biomedical engineering representing!

survived the MCAT, survived engin thus far (though having 2 senior design classes might kill me, hah); hopefully this bodes well for my ability to get in and survive med school!

Mechanical engineers in medicine are be a huge plus to the field. My dad is one and the things he can come up with are pretty amazing.

man i feel like i'm a failure compared to all you other bioengineers out there i got a 33Q (10 10 11) i think this means i need to retake it and regain some dignity. but i don't really wanna waste another month long break on this stuff, balls. Should i retake it?

man i feel like i'm a failure compared to all you other bioengineers out there i got a 33Q (10 10 11) i think this means i need to retake it and regain some dignity. but i don't really wanna waste another month long break on this stuff, balls. Should i retake it?

Hey,
Either
One of your section score is off by 2 points
or
Two of your section scores are off by 1 point each.

lol, don't retake b/c of how other bioengineers are doing. I actually know two bioengineers from my school who both got into Penn Med with 33's. So don't sweat it :D