I'm back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cheisu

Future Surgeon
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, saying "I'm back and I have changed my ways for the better" would be really predictable, but I don't really know what else to say... So...

I'm back and I have changed my ways for the better, and I am sorry to anyone whose feelings I may have hurt, I was in a bad mood during those times, however, 2 wrongs don't make a right, so I am sorry.

So, HI AGAIN EVERYONE!!!

New myspace: http://www.myspace.com/Ax8

Btw, I'm a proud PUMA (the political one) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
"People United Means Action"

typically it is a person unsatisfied with Obama being the democratic nominee. Said person is a democrat and usually a staunch Clinton supporter.

I dunno... But I did an EVAR with a patient with an uber large FUPA today and it sucked.

This is when a pre-operative "adhesive tape" session comes in handy. Adhesive tape was my friend in these cases. I can tape pannus (and other things) almost anywhere I want them.:thumbup:

This is when a pre-operative "adhesive tape" session comes in handy. Adhesive tape was my friend in these cases. I can tape pannus (and other things) almost anywhere I want them.:thumbup:

Be sure to use benzoin (or my favorite rendition, Spray-zoin) to make it extra sticky. It'll give your ordinary tape the strength of 10,000 men!

A big ol Prolene works well too (I remember being appalled the first time I saw one of my attendings do that).

We did that for the scrotum in LARs. I once forgot to cut the stitch and the next day the patient asked, "Hey doc, I was wondering if anyone would mind telling me why my balls were all tangled up..."

Then I realized it and made up some excuse as to why we needed his testicles elevated. I think I said for postop edema or something. Good stuff.

We did that for the scrotum in LARs. I once forgot to cut the stitch and the next day the patient asked, "Hey doc, I was wondering if anyone would mind telling me why my balls were all tangled up..."

Then I realized it and made up some excuse as to why we needed his testicles elevated. I think I said for postop edema or something. Good stuff.

:laugh:

That would've come in handy for those dirty old men who used to complain about pain/swelling/whathaveyou down there so as to get me and/or the nurse to take a look.

lol. i wouldve just lost it

That would've come in handy for those dirty old men who used to complain about pain/swelling/whathaveyou down there so as to get me and/or the nurse to take a look.

Yeah... I get worried when those guys ask ME to take a look.

:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
This makes me lulz.

My "back" thread turned into a completely off-topic subject!

Yay! Lulz it makes me happy that all the "original" people have posted on it (Blade, Castro, and Dr. Cox)

Am I still the Resident Teenager/High School Student?

Grr... double-post sry

PUMA = Posting Under Manic Affect ?? :p

It starts with a "p" and ends with a "y". There was also the word "us" in the middle, along with an extra "s".

...parsimoniously? Tired, that doesn't make any sense! How did you fit that into 5 letters?

You guys...

this is what I was talking about... Push up's.gif

Wow. I didn't know you were double-jointed! :thumbup:

:love:

There was an awesome article on the original Castroviejo in the June issue of PRS Journal. Really interesting guy. I always think the guys who invent stuff that makes operating easier are cool to read about.

There was an awesome article on the original Castroviejo in the June issue of PRS Journal. Really interesting guy. I always think the guys who invent stuff that makes operating easier are cool to read about.

They really are great instruments. It's too bad that none of my faculty (in residency or now in fellowship) will allow me to use them. :(

They really are great instruments. It's too bad that none of my faculty (in residency or now in fellowship) will allow me to use them. :(

They won't? Wow...one of my vascular attendings insisted on it. I grew rather fond of them once I figured them out.

Why won't they let you use them? I find them much easier with a lot less movement when disengaging from the needle than regular drivers - important with those frail vessels.

BTW, you should post a note in the Gen Res forum thread about "My life as an Intern" in regards to how crappy the NYC nurses are. I quoted you as being a good source for that sort of thing.

They won't? Wow...one of my vascular attendings insisted on it. I grew rather fond of them once I figured them out.

Why won't they let you use them? I find them much easier with a lot less movement when disengaging from the needle than regular drivers - important with those frail vessels.

BTW, you should post a note in the Gen Res forum thread about "My life as an Intern" in regards to how crappy the NYC nurses are. I quoted you as being a good source for that sort of thing.

Yeah... NYC nurses really suck. I've found the ones here in Chicago to be a little better, though they still smell of that union sanctioned laziness.

I personally think Castros are great and probably will use them post-training. It takes a lot of the difficulty out of manipulating a tiny needle in and out of vascular graft, and I'm convinced that it tends to not let you wiggle that needle around much. It's funny, but I'm not sure why the attendings that I happen to have met in my training in New York and Chicago disallow use of Castros. They insist on Scanlans or other needle-nosed drivers. The only parallel I can draw is that their mentors were all Texas trained (i.e., Baylor Houston, Southwestern, or Baylor Dallas).

And they all think Castros are "sissy" instruments. :rolleyes:

I usually reach for the Castros when they're not in the room or when they're not looking. :)

Yeah... NYC nurses really suck. I've found the ones here in Chicago to be a little better, though they still smell of that union sanctioned laziness.

I like that phrase.

I personally think Castros are great and probably will use them post-training. It takes a lot of the difficulty out of manipulating a tiny needle in and out of vascular graft, and I'm convinced that it tends to not let you wiggle that needle around much.

Exactly my experience with them as well. Probably why my vascular attendings wanted me to use them! I was a real wiggler when I started.:p

They are delicate, but you're doing delicate work. RA let me use them...he's not sissy.:p

I personally think Castros are great and probably will use them post-training. It takes a lot of the difficulty out of manipulating a tiny needle in and out of vascular graft, and I'm convinced that it tends to not let you wiggle that needle around much. It's funny, but I'm not sure why the attendings that I happen to have met in my training in New York and Chicago disallow use of Castros. They insist on Scanlans or other needle-nosed drivers. The only parallel I can draw is that their mentors were all Texas trained (i.e., Baylor Houston, Southwestern, or Baylor Dallas).

I usually reach for the Castros when they're not in the room or when they're not looking. :)

hmmmm, well now, maybe your surgical and floor nurses stunk but OUR nurses were awesome in the ED.

Cheisu, you can't say "lulz" and not expect to be immediately taken for a troll. That's like the secret codeword.

Intentionally disseminating false information is a violation of SDN's TOS.

the majority were also aesthetically pleasing. neener

I can see it now... In the middle of an operation...

Female Surgeon:
"I need the Castro Viejo, please."

You:
"Lulz."

Cheisu, you can't say "lulz" and not expect to be immediately taken for a troll. That's like the secret codeword.
I have a habit of it... I use it in place of "lol" all the time now... Just a habit...

Lul... :(

I can see it now... In the middle of an operation...

Female Surgeon:
"I need the Castro Viejo, please."

You:
"Lulz."

:confused:

Sorry. Your internet gibberish is lost on me.

I have to plead ignorance on the "lulz" thing too. Never heard of it.