I'm Bummed! I need an Intervention stat!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fozziewan

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:scared: Okay seriously, just got my TPR 4921 scores back. I didn't change AT ALL! I'm bummed big time b/c the real deal is only a 5 weeks away, I'm swamped with assignments and exams in grad school, trying to help m'lady plan for our wedding and stay somewhat on top of studying for the evil beast known as: THe MCAT. I'm freakin out man!
I need major help to snap me back into focus. Anyone else feel the same way?

Members don't see this ad.

fozziewan said:
:scared: Okay seriously, just got my TPR 4921 scores back. I didn't change AT ALL! I'm bummed big time b/c the real deal is only a 5 weeks away, I'm swamped with assignments and exams in grad school, trying to help m'lady plan for our wedding and stay somewhat on top of studying for the evil beast known as: THe MCAT. I'm freakin out man!
I need major help to snap me back into focus. Anyone else feel the same way?
think about it this way. the next 5 weeks is going to be one of the toughest challenges you've faced ever. if you can weather this storm and do well, it'll show you that your career aspirations are attainable. if you don't then they're still attainable, but it shows you how much harder you have to work. every time you feel bummed, think "why am I bumming when I can actually be studying or practicing. bumming is the number one way to lose time. it's a complete waste, it's not even like you're playing halo and having fun, but you're bummin and not doing anything. don't bum, it's not worth it. study or have fun. I promise it'll be a lot better that way.

do not panic! put that energy into figuring out exactly where your weaknesses are and study your hardest to correct them. look at the exams you have taken (hopefully you've taken at least 5 or so, including AAMC 3R, 4R, 5R, 6R, and 7), go through them question by question (EVERY QUESTION, not just the ones you got wrong) and figure out not only whether you got the right answer, but if you didn't, WHY did you get it wrong. was it that you didn't know the material? misread the question? narrowed it down to 2 answers then guessed wrong? ran out of time? look for trends -- topics that frustrate you or cause you to lose time, etc. and then go through them methodically. you can do it. think positive.
during the lunch break when i took the mcat, someone said the best thing to me. she said, think back to every thing you've ever done really really well. and most likely, you were probably relaxed. so the mcat should be no different. i took her advice during the second half of the test, and biology went MUCH MUCH easier than i thought it could. just relax, focus, and do it. have fun!