I'm CANADIAN, would i need to release my MCAT scores to USMD/DO if I rewrite?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starlight1998

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So my current MCAT is a 509 (with a 124 in CARS) which is reallyyyyy bad since I'm Canadian. I think my overall score is fine for a few USMD and most USDO.

If I submit my USMD and USDO applications in June/July, and rewrite the MCAT in August/September, would I HAVE TO release the latest MCAT score to the american schools? I'm scared that I might do worse than a 509 and I don't want american schools seeing it LOL

Thank you soo much in advance, really appreciate it! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sad to say, but international students need to be superstars. Your score will not be competitive for MD, but fine for DO.
ya unfortunately i agree with u lol! do u think theres even a point in applying to USMDs with lower mcat averages (509-511)?

Sad to say, but international students need to be superstars. Your score will not be competitive for MD, but fine for DO.
I know a Canadian that got into Maryland with a 3.8/507 so it is possible with subpar stats. I guess it’s call holistic admissions for a reason.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user