Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

I'm confused about AP credits on AMCAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Premed2003, May 21, 2002.

1. Premed2003

Premed2003 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

AMCAS writes this:

AP Prep Courses/Exams

Unless credit has been granted by a U.S. or Canadian institution or university for an AP prep course or an AP exam, such information should not be listed on the application. If credit has been granted, courses/exams should be listed according to the instructions for Type Advanced Placement credit. Do not send high school transcripts or AP test score reports to AMCAS.

I could have counted my AP credits to let me graduate early from college, but I chose not to. The AP credits are listed on my transcript, but I don't receive credit for them.

I need the AP calculus credit to count for my math requirement (which it does according to my school premed advisor). The APs are listed on my official transcript...do I list it in AMCAS too even though I don't receive credit for it?

Thanks

2. pwrpfgrl

pwrpfgrl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

That's a tough one. Why didn't you take the AP credits? Is there any way you can take them now? I think that if you didn't receive credit, you shouldn't put them on the AMCAS. Well, I guess you could put them on there, but just write in "no credit". I think the problem is that if you didn't get credit for Calc, med schools might not count that toward the requirements. Talk with your pre-med advisor, he/she will probably be able to give you more concrete advice.

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

No credit=no list