1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

I'm confused about AP credits on AMCAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Premed2003, May 21, 2002.

1. Premed2003

Premed2003 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

AMCAS writes this:

AP Prep Courses/Exams

Unless credit has been granted by a U.S. or Canadian institution or university for an AP prep course or an AP exam, such information should not be listed on the application. If credit has been granted, courses/exams should be listed according to the instructions for Type Advanced Placement credit. Do not send high school transcripts or AP test score reports to AMCAS.

I could have counted my AP credits to let me graduate early from college, but I chose not to. The AP credits are listed on my transcript, but I don't receive credit for them.

I need the AP calculus credit to count for my math requirement (which it does according to my school premed advisor). The APs are listed on my official transcript...do I list it in AMCAS too even though I don't receive credit for it?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pwrpfgrl

pwrpfgrl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

That's a tough one. Why didn't you take the AP credits? Is there any way you can take them now? I think that if you didn't receive credit, you shouldn't put them on the AMCAS. Well, I guess you could put them on there, but just write in "no credit". I think the problem is that if you didn't get credit for Calc, med schools might not count that toward the requirements. Talk with your pre-med advisor, he/she will probably be able to give you more concrete advice.

4. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

No credit=no list