mindi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi guys , I'm pre-med student , I just finished my college, and I'll be in the university for coming fall. I took 56.00 hrs in college which transfered to the university , and my overall GPA is 3.53, which I'm not happy about it. unfortunately , i took lots of my requirenments for MED school in college, for this reason my gpa is not very high ( got c in my organic chem1 ,and general biology ), and now i transfer to the university , i like to improve my GPA , do you guys think it's better i retake my organic chem1 which I got c? and if i retake how it's gonna change in my GPA? cause I heard the university GPA is not related to the college GPA? so if it's true , how medical schools gonna get an overall GPA? :confused:
Thank u

Depakote

Pediatric Anesthesiologist
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2004
SOCMOB
Status
Attending Physician
mindi said:
Hi guys , I'm pre-med student , I just finished my college, and I'll be in the university for coming fall. I took 56.00 hrs in college which transfered to the university , and my overall GPA is 3.53, which I'm not happy about it. unfortunately , i took lots of my requirenments for MED school in college, for this reason my gpa is not very high ( got c in my organic chem1 ,and general biology ), and now i transfer to the university , i like to improve my GPA , do you guys think it's better i retake my organic chem1 which I got c? and if i retake how it's gonna change in my GPA? cause I heard the university GPA is not related to the college GPA? so if it's true , how medical schools gonna get an overall GPA? :confused:
Thank u
Well, Med Schools will average all classes you took together, so that C will hurt your GPA, however, if you retake Orgo at your University, someone that scrutinizes your app will see that you took it someplace harder and this will be worth something.

Overall, Retake orgo, nail it and try to get as many A's as possible. Check back after that.

TauPathology

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
FL
Status
Pre-Medical
The correlary to that is if you had trouble with those classes at your college, its going to be even harder at a university. What you don't want to happen is to get C's twice. Taking it once before does give you an advantage, but from what I have seen, its a lot easier for people to get cocky and really screw themselves over.

About the Ads

vtucci

Attending in Emergency Medicine
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2003
Houston
Status
Attending Physician
I like the OP means college in the community college context. To the OP, are you a Canadian student?

About the Ads