1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

i'm confused! need help!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mindi, Aug 4, 2006.

1. mindi

mindi Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hi guys , I'm pre-med student , I just finished my college, and I'll be in the university for coming fall. I took 56.00 hrs in college which transfered to the university , and my overall GPA is 3.53, which I'm not happy about it. unfortunately , i took lots of my requirenments for MED school in college, for this reason my gpa is not very high ( got c in my organic chem1 ,and general biology ), and now i transfer to the university , i like to improve my GPA , do you guys think it's better i retake my organic chem1 which I got c? and if i retake how it's gonna change in my GPA? cause I heard the university GPA is not related to the college GPA? so if it's true , how medical schools gonna get an overall GPA? :confused:
    Thank u

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Depakote

Depakote Pediatric Anesthesiologist
    Rocket Scientist Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Well, Med Schools will average all classes you took together, so that C will hurt your GPA, however, if you retake Orgo at your University, someone that scrutinizes your app will see that you took it someplace harder and this will be worth something.

Overall, Retake orgo, nail it and try to get as many A's as possible. Check back after that.

4. TauPathology

TauPathology Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The correlary to that is if you had trouble with those classes at your college, its going to be even harder at a university. What you don't want to happen is to get C's twice. Taking it once before does give you an advantage, but from what I have seen, its a lot easier for people to get cocky and really screw themselves over.

5. Svidrillion

Svidrillion Member
    10+ Year Member

What is the distinction between college and university in this context? Aren't most universities composed of colleges?

6. vtucci

vtucci Attending in Emergency Medicine
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I like the OP means college in the community college context. To the OP, are you a Canadian student?