I'm Disappointed in SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cantankerous

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
ReF1wf7.png

Yn9Llpa.png

Members don't see this ad.

SGU.jpg

Guess Google believes I am a more competitive applicant than you are, OP :laugh:

Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
SDN also has a sponsored SGU forum. I rather they take money from caribbean schools to pay the hosting fees than charge users.

Reactions: 5 users
I spent more time than I'd like to admit thinking the post was actually the second page of this thread.

Reactions: 14 users
I tried to click 1 on your image to get back to the first page for longer than I'm proud to admit.

Reactions: 11 users
I only get ads from Harvard and hopkins for some reason...

Reactions: 16 users
I never realized how atrocious Caribbean med schools are until I came to SDN and found so many blogs about lost dreams and wasted money. Then I also realized I knew 2 Caribbean med graduates. One of which is 2 or so years out of graduation and is trying to do odd acting jobs now. I dunno if he stopped trying to match. The other is a year out of graduation and still hasn't matched either.

I dunno, man. It seems cruel to rope in below-average students hopeful that they can still become doctors, and then kick them out halfway through because they didn't have enough spots open for clerkships... And then the ones that do even make it through 4th year barely seem to match, anyway. Why are these schools even still allowed? o_O

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
AdBlock .... you should use it.

AdBlock .... you should use it.
You really shouldn't. Those ads literally fund a site that you are too cheap to pay for. If funds drop too low, the physicians that run the place have to pay out of pocket to keep it going. Do the site that has done you so much good a solid and don't use adblock. It's two freaking ads that you scroll right past that aren't even pop-ups, what's the big deal? SDN isn't some massive corporation, it's a nonorofit service you are literally robbing of funds by using ad blocking software.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Lol dude it's based on your goole search. Wow can't believe I gotta explain this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol dude it's based on your goole search. Wow can't believe I gotta explain this.

Not quite. What you see on the banner ads is based on software that SDN uses. This software tracks key words. So if you you visit many sites that contain the word "medical school", that key word is associate with certain ads i.e. the Caribbean med schools. I have never gone on a Carribbean school website, yet I get the Carribbean ads because I spend time on many US medical school websites.

My banner ad is for cheap Bauer hockey skates.

/which is actually a fairly accurate assessment of my internet history this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You really shouldn't. Those ads literally find a site that you are too cheap to pay for. If funds drop too low, the physicians that run the place have to pay out of pocket to keep it going. Do the site that has done you so much good a solid and don't use adblock. It's two freaking ads that you scroll right past that aren't even pop-ups, what's the big deal? SDN isn't some massive corporation, it's a nonorofit service you are literally robbing of funds by using ad blocking software.
Yep and admin has mentioned that money garnered through ads (money that funds this non-profit site) has seen a big hit because of ad-blockers.

You really shouldn't. Those ads literally fund a site that you are too cheap to pay for. If funds drop too low, the physicians that run the place have to pay out of pocket to keep it going. Do the site that has done you so much good a solid and don't use adblock. It's two freaking ads that you scroll right past that aren't even pop-ups, what's the big deal? SDN isn't some massive corporation, it's a nonorofit service you are literally robbing of funds by using ad blocking software.

You are right, I never gave it a thought, I have adblock installed in all my browsers even my phone, so hurting SDN is not something that I intend on doing.