(deleted)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blowflu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
(deleted)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Meh, just retake it and pass it, you might be surprised. This is the exam with virtually 100% subjective grading, programs know this.

Did you take USMLE? If not that's likely to be more damaging to your chances at ACGME than a failure on PE.

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately no USMLE. As you can see from my Step 1, I wasn't quite ready for prime-time and I didn't want two really bad scores instead of one mediocre one so I decided to put all my efforts into improving my COMLEX-1 score (which started off in the 400's predicted by NBOME's). 3rd year I really hammered home IM concepts and reaped the rewards on COMLEX-2. I was hoping a 600's score would make me more competitive for ACGME spots, and maybe I can get a few interviews before programs notice the PE failure.

Fair enough.

Though I may never understand why some give the advice to not take USMLE to someone who wants to go ACGME. I think having a low USMLE is no worse than having no USMLE all, but that's just me.

I'm fairly sure I had a classmate who failed USMLE-1 initially, then retook it and passed. That person is at a State University Peds program right now.

At this point all you can do is apply, you will never match ACGME peds if you don't.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Meh, just retake it and pass it, you might be surprised. This is the exam with virtually 100% subjective grading, programs know this.

I'd guess that would be osteopathic programs. Allo wouldn't generally have any idea about that and if that's what the OP is interested in, she needs to take the USMLE (as you note).