I'm Doomed!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NCF145

Not Politically Correct
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
With GTA IV and Halo 3 both coming out this fall, my grades for my first semester in medical school are already in jeapordy. Anyone else worried that medical school is going to get in the way?

Members don't see this ad.

We could just put veiled references to gross anatomy while on Xbox Live...

e.g. "BOOM, HEAD SHOT! Right through your Corpus Callosum!"

Just get yourself a Wii with Trauma Center: Second Opinion. That's how I plan on rockin' the boards.

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just get yourself a Wii with Trauma Center: Second Opinion. That's how I plan on rockin' the boards.

:thumbup:

That and Operation. Guaranteed a 260+.

send me your wii, that way u dont have to be distracted or anything

With GTA IV and Halo 3 both coming out this fall, my grades for my first semester in medical school are already in jeapordy. Anyone else worried that medical school is going to get in the way?

Diablo 3 is bound to come out sooner or later... then we're REALLY screwed...

We could just put veiled references to gross anatomy while on Xbox Live...

e.g. "BOOM, HEAD SHOT! Right through your Corpus Callosum!"

:lol:

Don't forget Assassin's Creed. It also looked pretty good when I was at E3 in LA.

You're problem is in the second sentence of your post.

Wow, at first I thought this was a joke..., then I remembered how I waited in a doctor's office for an hour one time, was called up, walked to my room and passed a young Doctor sitting down playing Xbox in one of the side rooms...

Pity, just a pity thinking that will be you in 6-8 years from now...

Wow, at first I thought this was a joke..., then I remembered how I waited in a doctor's office for an hour one time, was called up, walked to my room and passed a young Doctor sitting down playing Xbox in one of the side rooms...

Pity, just a pity thinking that will be you in 6-8 years from now...

......that's pretty bad. He could have at least closed the door, or pulled down the blinds so people couldn't see in...

You're problem is in the second sentence of your post.

Yet another example of how sarcasm doesn't translate on SDN.

haha, my roomate just bought a X-box 360, 9 games, wireless adaptor year of Xbox live, 2 controlers and 2 headsets for 500 bucks from his couzen who just recently graduated medical school. He said he had plenty of time to play video games during med school, but residency is kicking his ass.

With GTA IV and Halo 3 both coming out this fall, my grades for my first semester in medical school are already in jeapordy. Anyone else worried that medical school is going to get in the way?[/QUOTE]

i'd be happy to be in your position right now...you already have an acceptance...now whether video games are going to get in the way is least of my worries, i need to get into a med school first in order to jeopardize my grades.

haha, my roomate just bought a X-box 360, 9 games, wireless adaptor year of Xbox live, 2 controlers and 2 headsets for 500 bucks from his couzen who just recently graduated medical school. He said he had plenty of time to play video games during med school, but residency is kicking his ass.

I suppose getting through medical school isn't that difficult, after all, pass = MD. Getting top marks and securing a great residency is another matter.

I bought a 360 in January and have been playing the hell outta Rainbow six vegas and Gears of war. My grades have gone up since last semester...go figure. If you're an efficient studier and good at planning out your day, you'll have plenty of time to rock GTA IV and Halo 3 when they come out in the fall. Godspeed

My boyfriend is doing beta testing for Halo 3 which comes out in May 1 day before our week and a half vacation to Vegas. And he wants to bring his 360 to our hotel :(