IM elective at Kaiser Santa Clara

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

persianbbq4u

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently applied for an Internal Medicine senior elective at Kaiser Santa Clara and was unfortunately not selected to rotate there. I assume the reason is that my school only records honors grades on the Dean’s letter and the transcript I sent them contained only passes. This is the closest teaching hospital to my house, so it would be great to rotate there. I have honored a majority of my basic science classes, so I was wondering if it would be wise to send them a list of the classes that I have honored and to possibly reconsider my application? I am leaning towards not doing this b/c I do not want to bug them too much. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear that you were not selected. It may not be because of your grades. Kaiser Santa Clara is a popular choice for IM sub-i for Stanford med students (it's one of the four hospitals available for IM rotation). So positions are very likely filled for June to October. But you can call to see if there is a way for them to accomodate you.

I recently applied for an Internal Medicine senior elective at Kaiser Santa Clara and was unfortunately not selected to rotate there. I assume the reason is that my school only records honors grades on the Dean’s letter and the transcript I sent them contained only passes. This is the closest teaching hospital to my house, so it would be great to rotate there. I have honored a majority of my basic science classes, so I was wondering if it would be wise to send them a list of the classes that I have honored and to possibly reconsider my application? I am leaning towards not doing this b/c I do not want to bug them too much. Any suggestions?

You could always try Kaiser - Oakland. Not too far from santa clara. For what month did you apply to do your IM-subI? as other poster said, it might be full if you applied for earlier months....
But in terms of going there for residency, you shouldn't have a problem.