I'm finished ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Camden772

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I just got accepted to University of Missouri's medical school, which is my number one choice. I'm very excited. I will be withdrawing my other 16 pending applications this week. Even though I am very curious to know where else I could get in, it's not worth the effort of interviewing at other schools, and I believe it would be inconsiderate to other applicants if I continued just out of curiosity.

Well, I just wanted to share the good news with everyone, and also let other applicants out there know that there will be one less applicant in the pool this year.

Members don't see this ad.

congratulations!

You must feel really good. That is so awesome, congrats on being accepted! :cool: You are done with this so early, I'm really jealous. ;) I think that you should call all of the other schools and tell them that the spot you opened up can only be filled by an SDNer, hehe. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations. I was not so fortunate and was put into the post-interview hold category. I wish you all the best and hope that I'll see you in August.

Originally posted by JBJ
Congratulations. I was not so fortunate and was put into the post-interview hold category. I wish you all the best and hope that I'll see you in August.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I still think there's a really good chance we'll see eachother in August. I think that Mizzou saves the bulk of their acceptances for March. And you can still get accepted before March. I remember someone in 1994 who didn't get accepted in November but got accepted in December. I know that was 8 years ago, but I don't think the process has changed much. Good luck!

Hey Camden congrats! :clap: this is not only great news for you, but lets face it its altered the whole cosmic balance towards the positive - one more doctor and one less lawyer :laugh:

...sorry, couldn't resist...congrats, Mizzou is a great school, I'm happy for ya' :)

Originally posted by the boy wonder
Hey Camden congrats! :clap: this is not only great news for you, but lets face it its altered the whole cosmic balance towards the positive - one more doctor and one less lawyer :laugh:

...sorry, couldn't resist...congrats, Mizzou is a great school, I'm happy for ya' :)

Thanks boy wonder. And by the way congratulations on your recent interviews. Good luck!

P.S. Unfortunately, I don't think my career move will have much of an impact on the cosmic balance. The U.S. is deluged with blood thirsty attorneys. The absence of one attorney will sadly have little impact.

woohoo! congrats, camden!:clap:

Originally posted by Camden772
Thanks boy wonder. And by the way congratulations on your recent interviews. Good luck!

P.S. Unfortunately, I don't think my career move will have much of an impact on the cosmic balance. The U.S. is deluged with blood thirsty attorneys. The absence of one attorney will sadly have little impact.

the way to have an impact on the cosmic balance is to diagnose all your patients that are lawyers--regardless of the ailment--as having athelete's foot and refer them to a doctor of podiatry. :p

anyhoo, congrats! best of luck, dr. camden!

finally! it took like an hour for me to load this page, my computer is having severe SDN withdrawal crisis :D

anyway :rolleyes: Congrats Camden !!!:clap: and what a catching title, i thot it was another 'anal' pre-med with one of those woo i have a 3.9, can i still get in?!?

way to go!:)

Originally posted by immediatespring
and what a catching title, i thot it was another 'anal' pre-med with one of those woo i have a 3.9, can i still get in?!?

That's funny. I didn't even think about that when I wrote it.

Thanks to everybody for all the congratulations!

Camden, its after 12:00 noon now. Get off SDN and start drinking!

Unfortunately, I'm at work today. But I do plan to celebrate tonight -- and then have an even bigger celebration on Saturday.

Congrats and Good Luck !!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :D :clap:

You_Rock_Emoticon.gif
!

woo hooooooooo! congrats!

Thanks guys.

Boy, I got no work done today. This was worse than the day I got my MCAT scores.

When I get fired I hope they give me a nice severence package. Six months with pay would be nice.

Congrats! I'm afraid that next year when I apply I won't get in, but I was talking to my mom last night about my fears of being rejected and she has perfect confidence in me! Of course this is the same woman, who tells me I'm just as good looking as my my little sister, who has been recruited by modeling agencies! Oh well, it's still nice to have someone who believes in me!

congrats, camden :clap: :clap: :clap: