Im Freakin Out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amoxicillin

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i feel like im running out of time already....im losing it.

Members don't see this ad.

I know these lovely countdowns till the big day are making me feel weird too. Okay so I'm telling you what I tell myself, study everyday, really hard and then when you feel like you can't do it anymore take a break and come back and do some more. Also if in the end you really feel you're not ready then it's better to take in august and do better then take it in april and suck.( I'm just saying that to be realistic, hopefully you'll work hard and be ready for this one). You'll do it it's not impossible. Smile, laugh, be happy it will all be over soon.

i feel like im running out of time already
it sounds ridiculous, but i feel the same way. with going to school full-time (caveat: i did a poor job of scheduling and kind of over-did it this quarter), working, and just attending those god-forsaken TPR classes, i haven't actually gotten to study yet. its two whole months away, but i still don't feel like i have time to study this crap becasue i have to waste too much time learning it first (not to mention other, less important crap for classes). even though i've taken the classes, hearing about sn1 rxns just sounded like a distant memory....

yours in paranoia,
sd

Members don't see this ad :)
Keep studying. Study until you are so burned or burnt out that you don't even care about the mcat anymore. Thats the attitude you have to have on test day. You don't care so you aren't going to sweat each and every question. There is no sense in making errors because you are anxious.

i've been studying like crazy for the past three months, and i think i'm going to lose it!!!!!! but then i remember that it will be worth it in the end when they call me doctor. so hang in there, and good luck!

All the fri nights out I am missing is pissing me off big time.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

I SO hear you guys!!

I've been logging in my hours, and since 1/5/04, i've done about 50 hours. Yea...looks like i need to really start revving my engines, been warming up a little too long.

Best of luck to us all!!!!!!!

i definetly overdid it this semester too...I'm going over full-time to graduate this semester, i have a salaried position on campus that takes over 20 hours per week, i'm the vice-president of NRHH (an honorary organization that takes 6 or more hours per week), and some other various volunteer things...Studying for the MCATs is stuck in there somewhere around 2-4am on Fridays...I hate missing out on Friday's my last semester in college...I'm getting really burnt out, really quick...I just hope it is all worth it...I hate to think that all this effort may land me standing on my front porch with a rejection letter and no more friends to console me b/c I spent all my time studying...:mad:

This if meant for the couple of folks that are "over doing it" this semester with workload. I had to take the MCAT twice because I didn't get enough time to review some stuff. You still have somet time to really make some ground before hitting the real thing. If you all HAVE taken the required courses for this thing, I'd recommend worrying more about the questions/passages and subject tests, rather than trying to read 3 years of science in the next few weeks. Only reference the books when you need to brush up on specifics.

Good luck all. Try not to burn out and take lots of vitamin C!

It could be worse, you could have to do it again in August, Muahahaha!:smuggrin:

Sorry folks, I lost my last summer, so the sadist in me enjoys this. However, I start at my #1 choice school this August.

As long as you don't burn out, you'll be fine. Keep telling yourself that suffering is temporary. One day you'll wake up and all of this will be ancient history. It helps.

-NS:thumbup: Keep up the effort!

Originally posted by amoxicillin
i feel like im running out of time already....im losing it.

It's okay. There's always next year. ;)

I've waited four years already. :D

Oh, and I love your s/n. I've been taking you for the past few years now. :p

Only 5 weeks to MCAT and I really haven't started. I mean, I do the passages and read some stuff here and there for each of the subjects, but putting in study time until you get exhausted, I think thats a little over kill.

Good Luck Everyone

~KP7

Originally posted by kp7
Only 5 weeks to MCAT and I really haven't started. I mean, I do the passages and read some stuff here and there for each of the subjects, but putting in study time until you get exhausted, I think thats a little over kill.

~KP7

I agree totally...it's important as a doctor to have some social skills as well;) just relax you'll do fine :)