I'm freaking out, please I need any advice on what I should do.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qtlilgg00

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been through hell to pass the NAPLEX, and finally passed it last month in December. My primary jurisdiction is Massachusetts. The problem here is that I took the exam after my initial application expired. I was aware of the one year time limit, but I thought as long as I passed the two exams within one year of each other, I was going to be fine. My application was expired in July of 2016. I took the exam in December of 2016. I had called PCS (an entity hired by MA BOP to handle applications) in October prior to taking the exam to confirm that I was all set and to inquire about my ATT. They never mentioned to me that my application was expired and that I needed to pay all the fees again to reset the one year time limit. I got my ATT the next day and the green light to sit for the NAPLEX. I did not think twice that something wasn't right because why else would they let me take the exam if something was wrong. As I was trying to prepare for the MPJE, I get told that my passing NAPLEX score is invalid, and that I have to retake the exam again in order to satisfy the board's requirements.

I've been bawling my eyes out and I feel very emotionally distressed to the point that I thought about taking my own life to end this misery. I failed the NAPLEX once before so It wasn't easy for me to pass. After months of dedicated studying and not being able to sleep for 2 days before the exam, and going through the whole stressful experience of taking the exam. I get told that my score is not valid. Please tell me what I should do. Can I do a score transfer to another state?

Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your life is not worth this or any test. Take a little bit of time off to cool down. And then take it again if needed. I don't know if you can transfer the NAPLEX score because I think is a national test and the score is for pretty much every state. Unfortunately, if they said that it is the student responsibility for knowing when can the student take the test and meet deadlines, then, you are in a bad position. If it is otherwise, then, you can argue with them...

Remember that if you passed the test once, you will FOR SURE pass again if you have to take it again. I know it is not fair at all. But what I know for sure, is that the boards are very rule/deadline/fee oriented.

You should be proud of yourself as you were able to pass the NAPLEX! knowledge wise, that is a huuuge milestone. I am pretty sure that next time you take it, you will go in even more confident and teach them a lesson! You got this!

@qtlilgg00
Hi! Sorry 2 hear what u r going thru. May God help u. Take appropriate actions. U did once and u can do it again. I am from ca and kind of going thru same situation. My 1yr authorized time limit ended on jan 11. So if I fail and I have to retake the test what should I do. Pls your advice can save me.

Members don't see this ad :)
@qtlilgg00
Hi! Sorry 2 hear what u r going thru. May God help u. Take appropriate actions. U did once and u can do it again. I am from ca and kind of going thru same situation. My 1yr authorized time limit ended on jan 11. So if I fail and I have to retake the test what should I do. Pls your advice can save me.

@Who is that
So, I'm assuming you took the test when you were still in the 1 year authorized time limit in CA? Here's what I'd do if I were you. If you find out you failed and it's pass that time limit, just submit a retake application (www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/rph_retake_app.pdf) and pay the $260 application fee. I would also write to the CA BOP to get an extension for your ATT. Once you get the CA BOP letter stating you're good to test, you can then register for the NAPLEX to get the new ATT letter (which you can only get once NABP checks with your state's BOP that an extension is allowed) and then pay NABP the $505 NAPLEX fee and/or CPJE $30 testing fee (ATT not required for CPJE). So basically for each retest for NAPLEX, CPJE or both; you're required to complete a retake application. This would be the approach I'd take if I were in your shoe, but I'd also suggest calling CA BOP and NABP for clarification too.

Source: had to take the NAPLEX twice and CPJE twice (but it was within my 1 year limit) , and current taking CPJE a 3rd time this month, wish me luck!
Source: https://nabp.pharmacy/programs/naplex/faqs/#att-extension

@qtlilgg00
I sent you a pm since I went to school in MA and I'm familiar with the laws there, but basically for everyone, what I said was for them to see if they can appeal to MA BOP (and NABP?) to pay an application fee and have it retro-activated. If that doesn't work, then maybe trying to get licensed in either RI or CT (or another nearby state) and reciprocating their license after a year (assuming you don't have a job anchoring you in MA or that the commute would be reasonable). I know RI is really close since I've known people who would do a 30 minute commutes to work each way (from Worcester, MA in Central MA to Lincoln, RI in Northern RI). I hope this helps!

@bn001
Man that is some serious advice. Appreciate it. I think u can understand how frustrated it could be, starting from Fpgee to naplex. Then this time frame obstruction is unbearable. After I get my result ( only God knows when) will contact Cabp. Well, atleast people like u can give some hope. Not like others who got annoyed after reading my problem. May God be with us.
How about u did u pass naplex?
4 cpje I will definitely pray 4 u. Keep posted. Best of luck.
Pray 4 me 2.

@Who is that
I'm praying for you too. I hope all goes well and that you pass NAPLEX. Did you take the test in December/early January? I heard the results were mailed last week so it should be reaching you soon. I did pass the NAPLEX on my 2nd try within my 1 year limit (passed in September 2016, ATT expired in November 2016). I wasn't so lucky for the CPJE, but the good thing is that CPJE doesn't need a renewed ATT letter (confirmed this with CA BOP; since ATT is only for NAPLEX), so for my 3rd CPJE attempt all I had to do was send in the retake application, pay the $260 application fee and then pay $30 for the CPJE retake. Did you already take the CPJE too? Good luck!

@Who is that
I'm praying for you too. I hope all goes well and that you pass NAPLEX. Did you take the test in December/early January? I heard the results
were mailed last week so it should be reaching you soon. I did pass the NAPLEX on my 2nd try within my 1 year limit (passed in September 2016, ATT expired in November 2016). I wasn't so lucky for the CPJE, but the good thing is that CPJE doesn't need a renewed ATT letter (confirmed this with CA BOP; since ATT is only for NAPLEX), so for my 3rd CPJE attempt all I had to do was send in the retake application, pay the $260 application fee and then pay $30 for the CPJE retake. Did you already take the CPJE too? Good luck!
Congratulations are in order. Well you deserve to pass cpje.
Well, I passed cpje in my 1st attempt. Naplex 73 and 74. My bad luck. I am just praying and crying. Time and money all in vain. My children couldn't get my attention. I feel so devestated. Itook naplex in early Jan. Since u said board has already mailed the results, my fingers are crossed. Dude thanks a lot for the encouragement and support. I mean it. May success be on your way.

Congratulations are in order. Well you deserve to pass cpje.
Well, I passed cpje in my 1st attempt. Naplex 73 and 74. My bad luck. I am just praying and crying. Time and money all in vain. My children couldn't get my attention. I feel so devestated. Itook naplex in early Jan. Since u said board has already mailed the results, my fingers are crossed. Dude thanks a lot for the encouragement and support. I mean it. May success be on your way.

Hey sorry, I was completely thinking of the CPJE when I replied about the results being mailed last week. But for sure you should be getting the NAPLEX score soon. I took mine on 08/29/2016 and received news by 09/19/2016 (so about 3 weeks after. If you took it early January, then it should be coming soon). Crossing my fingers for you!

Hey sorry, I was completely thinking of the CPJE when I replied about the results being mailed last week. But for sure you should be getting the NAPLEX score soon. I took mine on 08/29/2016 and received news by 09/19/2016 (so about 3 weeks after. If you took it early January, then it should be coming soon). Crossing my fingers for you!
I understand and appreciate your concern. I guess few more days. Oh God help me. Good luck 4 cpje. Keep posted.