I'm from CA, need advice on good out of state schools!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icemanxlb

4th Year Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm currently applying for Fall '10 and finished my PharmCas 2 weeks ago and most of the supplemental packets for California schools.

But I'm having a hard time figuring out which out of state schools to apply to. I don't want to go as far as the east coast because I prefer to stay near CA. I'm planning on taking my PCAT in October and applying to about 4 out of state schools.

What good programs are near CA that out of state residents have a good chance of getting into?? I'm looking at Nevada, Midwestern Glendale, Oregon University, Washington State.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you're on top of it...

Don't leave CA and be like Confettiflyer, a TRAITOR!

Well, if the OP doesn't get accepted into UCSF or UCSD then it will actually be better for him to leave.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to UCD for undergrad and then went to the University of Washington Seattle for grad school. Now I'll be staying here for pharm school.

I really like it in Seattle, and the UWSOP is a good program. I'd check it out, if I were you.

Sounds like you're on top of it...

Don't leave CA and be like Confettiflyer, a TRAITOR!

haha...well look what we have here....if a thread already STARTS as a california discussion thread, no one can blame is for threadjacking it into a CA discussion.

haha...check the pharm subforum, i'm starting the derailing process in atticus' jobs/new england thread. :smuggrin:

Well, if the OP doesn't get accepted into UCSF or UCSD then it will actually be better for him to leave.

That isn't true. USC is also an excellent program, and Touro looks promising also, and you certainly can't forget UoP, which is a very established, reputable program.

haha...check the pharm subforum, i'm starting the derailing process in atticus' jobs/new england thread.

I try to stay out of there... but I'll check that thread out just because I love California derailments!

i think shc is talking about the price + cost of living of california schools as opposed to school prestige. There are alot of good schools in california as most people already know.

ucsd and sf are the only schools with reasonable tuition being that they are state schools. However, I myself think a 30-40k tuition is worth the price of living on california.

Hi guys,

I'm currently applying for Fall '10 and finished my PharmCas 2 weeks ago and most of the supplemental packets for California schools.

But I'm having a hard time figuring out which out of state schools to apply to. I don't want to go as far as the east coast because I prefer to stay near CA. I'm planning on taking my PCAT in October and applying to about 4 out of state schools.

What good programs are near CA that out of state residents have a good chance of getting into?? I'm looking at Nevada, Midwestern Glendale, Oregon University, Washington State.

Thanks!!

I was going to go for Oregon State but looks like you are already planning on applying there.

I was accepted to Oregon State last year, and while I will not be attending, I liked the school a lot and my interaction with staff and the entire application process has been very pleasant.

School itself is great - good location, very close to Norcal, small class size, opportunities for joint degree programs if you are interested. Tuition is high the first year, but you can get residency after a year and then it becomes significantly cheapter than most CA schools, if not all.

Don't forget about Western University, the school where their students pass the NAPLEX with great consistency.

Don't forget about Western University, the school where their students pass the NAPLEX with great consistency.

It sounds like you're being sarcastic but;

Western
2004 - Candidates: 124 ; Pass Rate: 98.39%
2005 - Candiates: 89 ; Pass Rate: 98.88%
2006 - Candidates: 102 ; Pass Rate:96.08%
2007 - Candidates 117 ; Pass Rate: 98.29%
2008 - Candidates 126 ; Pass rate: 100%
Total - Candidates 558 ; Pass Rate 98.39%

I just didn't include Western or CNCP because it wasn't an all-inclusive list. =)

i think shc is talking about the price + cost of living of california schools as opposed to school prestige. There are alot of good schools in california as most people already know.

ucsd and sf are the only schools with reasonable tuition being that they are state schools. However, I myself think a 30-40k tuition is worth the price of living on california.

Yep thats what I mean. You can always go to a pharmacy school out of state and move back to CA later on after graduation.

Members don't see this ad :)

California Pharmacy school Tuitions in ascending tuition costs (for California Residents):

1) UCSD
CA Resident: $22,791.50 per year (2008-2009)
http://www.ucsd.edu/current-students/finances/fees/registration/index.html

2) UCSF
CA Resident: $26,060.00 per year (2009-2010)
http://saawww.ucsf.edu/admission/pharmfees.html

3) UOP (3 year program)
1st year: $52,985
2nd year: $52,985
3rd year: $35,410
3 year total tuition: $141,380

http://web.pacific.edu/x20991.xml

4) Touro University
2008 - 2009 Estimate: $33,000
2009 - 2010: Probably around 34 to 35K??
http://www.tu.edu/departments.php?id=48&page=748#Finance

5) Loma Linda Univeristy
2009 - 2010: $38,640
http://www.llu.edu/pharmacy/spaboutprogram.page?

6) Western University
2009 - 2010: $39,650
http://www.westernu.edu/xp/edu/financial/financial-budgets-pharmacy-pharmd.xml

7) CNCP
2008 - 2009: $38,468
2009 - 2010: $40,402

http://www.californiacollegeofpharm...tion=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=57

8) USC
No recent updates. The most current online tuition projections were for the 2007-2008 school year. It was around 36 to 38K then. For 2009 - 2010, I think it's gonna be more like 43 to 45K per year of tuition at USC. I could be wrong on the figures, but I have no doubt USC is the most expensive California Pharmacy school.

http://www.usc.edu/schools/pharmacy/pharmd/admission/tuition.html

Note: Make sure to add 13 to 15K of room & board + living expenses per year.

With the exception of UCSD, UCSF, UOP, and maybe Touro U., everyone else who attend the other California pharmacy schools are on average 220 to 250K in debt after graduation. Attending a non-California school may save you 30 to 50K in the long run.

To OP, I think the best out of state pharmacy schools are the cheapest pharmacy schools you can get into; especially 3 year schools. (example: Midwestern Glendale, LECOM Lake Erie, Suillivan, USN). There are many cheap 4 year non-California schools too. Check out as many school websites as you can. That's what I did. :)

Last edited:
Whaaaat..... UCSD is $22k per year?! This entire time I was thinking it was along the lines of $12-15k a year, haha...then again, that was probably the cost of a UC graduate degree while I was an undergrad.

Okay, I don't feel so bad paying $29k for tuition anymore. Wow.

Whaaaat..... UCSD is $22k per year?! This entire time I was thinking it was along the lines of $12-15k a year, haha...then again, that was probably the cost of a UC graduate degree while I was an undergrad.

Okay, I don't feel so bad paying $29k for tuition anymore. Wow.

Comparing yourself to the average California PharmD Grads, you shouldn't feel too bad. Your total pharmacy school debt would probably be around 180 to 190K (This is assuming tuition increases 2k each year and that you spent 14K on living expenses each year). Though the addition of your undergrad loans would push you over 200K.

Sadly, you're not alone. I'll owe around 200K too.

Last edited:
California Pharmacy school Tuitions in ascending tuition costs (for California Residents):

1) UCSD
CA Resident: $22,791.50 per year (2008-2009)
http://www.ucsd.edu/current-students/finances/fees/registration/index.html

2) UCSF
CA Resident: $26,060.00 per year (2009-2010)
http://saawww.ucsf.edu/admission/pharmfees.html

3) UOP (3 year program)
1st year: $52,985
2nd year: $52,985
3rd year: $35,410
3 year total tuition: $141,380

http://web.pacific.edu/x20991.xml

4) Touro University
2008 - 2009 Estimate: $33,000
2009 - 2010: Probably around 34 to 35K??
http://www.tu.edu/departments.php?id=48&page=748#Finance

5) Loma Linda Univeristy
2009 - 2010: $38,640
http://www.llu.edu/pharmacy/spaboutprogram.page?

6) Western University
2009 - 2010: $39,650
http://www.westernu.edu/xp/edu/financial/financial-budgets-pharmacy-pharmd.xml

7) CNCP
2008 - 2009: $38,468
2009 - 2010: $40,402

http://www.californiacollegeofpharm...tion=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=57

8) USC
No recent updates. The most current online tuition projections were for the 2007-2008 school year. It was around 36 to 38K then. For 2009 - 2010, I think it's gonna be more like 43 to 45K per year of tuition at USC. I could be wrong on the figures, but I have no doubt USC is the most expensive California Pharmacy school.

http://www.usc.edu/schools/pharmacy/pharmd/admission/tuition.html

Note: Make sure to add 13 to 15K of room & board + living expenses per year.

With the exception of UCSD, UCSF, UOP, and maybe Touro U., everyone else who attend the other California pharmacy schools are on average 220 to 250K in debt after graduation. Attending a non-California school may save you 30 to 50K in the long run.

To OP, I think the best out of state pharmacy schools are the cheapest pharmacy schools you can get into; especially 3 year schools. (example: Midwestern Glendale, LECOM Lake Erie, Suillivan, USN). There are many cheap 4 year non-California schools too. Check out as many school websites as you can. That's what I did. :)

OMG!!!! USCF's tuition is 26k??? I could have SWORN I checked the 2008 to 2009 tuition and it was like 14k!!!! Don't tell me they increase the tuition by 12K in a year!!!! DAMN! :eek:

UNC is 14k a year. http://www.pharmacy.unc.edu/admissions/pharmd/tuition-costs
But I can't complain, I am taking out ~25k for P1 (b/c I am living with family and I got a 5000 dollar scholarship) If I was at UNC, I would have taken out the same b/c I needed to rent my own apartment...I GUESS I can look at it that way. Still kinda piss about going to a private school, but what I can do now? :rolleyes:

I just realized the UCSF figure includes health insurance... ~$3k/yr, so subtract that out if you waive out of it, but chances are you're gonna pay something for health coverage anyway.

I just realized the UCSF figure includes health insurance... ~$3k/yr, so subtract that out if you waive out of it, but chances are you're gonna pay something for health coverage anyway.

I always waive my out...its a waste of money. I use to be on my parent's but now I don't have any insurance. I figure I will wait until I am a pharmacist to get insurance. I am lucky that I am never sick and don't take any rx or anything. Yearly physicals are not very expensive, so I can pay that out of pocket.

I always waive my out...its a waste of money. I use to be on my parent's but now I don't have any insurance. I figure I will wait until I am a pharmacist to get insurance. I am lucky that I am never sick and don't take any rx or anything. Yearly physicals are not very expensive, so I can pay that out of pocket.

Wow. Our school requires everyone to have either their own insurance or the coverage offered by the school. They tack it on to your tuition, and you can't waive it.

Wow. Our school requires everyone to have either their own insurance or the coverage offered by the school. They tack it on to your tuition, and you can't waive it.

Yup, same here. UC system is the same way (as an undergrad). If I couldn't prove I had sufficient coverage, the insurance (USHIP) was charged to my account.

see above post, and most schools won't accept high deductible plans, so you'll have to get something with traditional coverage. This'll set you back $100-$150/mo depending on a whole mess of factors ($1200-$1500+ annually), still half the cost of UCSF's school plan.

SodexHO and USHIP, ahhh the good ol' days.

i waived out, but standing in line and getting the certified letter of enrollment (and paying $7-10 for it) each quarter was a pain. I guess it beats paying $3k.

between that, transcript requests, and "good student" letters for car insurance...i wonder how much the registrar's office took in from me :(

OMG!!!! USCF's tuition is 26k??? I could have SWORN I checked the 2008 to 2009 tuition and it was like 14k!!!! Don't tell me they increase the tuition by 12K in a year!!!! DAMN! :eek:

UNC is 14k a year. http://www.pharmacy.unc.edu/admissions/pharmd/tuition-costs
But I can't complain, I am taking out ~25k for P1 (b/c I am living with family and I got a 5000 dollar scholarship) If I was at UNC, I would have taken out the same b/c I needed to rent my own apartment...I GUESS I can look at it that way. Still kinda piss about going to a private school, but what I can do now? :rolleyes:

UCSF's tuition didn't increase by 12K in 1 year. I suspect it increased drastically in the last 1 or 2 years. (increased 4 to 5K in last 2 years?) Given current economic conditions, Very possible.

I heard UCSF pharmacy school tuition was really cheap around 2001, 2002. It was about 10 to 12K a year. Then, when Arnold Schwarzenegger became governor of California in 2003, that's when UC tuition increased about 1 to 2k per year. With the current California Budget crisis, expect UC to reject more undergraduate applicants and its tuition to increase again.

14K per year is cheaper than most schools, but according to American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP), South Dakota State School of Pharmacy had the lowest 2008-2009 tuition: $3,168 per year for SD residents and $10,080 per year for non-residents.

see for yourselves:

http://www.aacp.org/resources/student/pharmacyforyou/admissions/Documents/PSARTable11.pdf

Last edited:
Yup, same here. UC system is the same way (as an undergrad). If I couldn't prove I had sufficient coverage, the insurance (USHIP) was charged to my account.

I lied and told them I had sufficient coverage when I was in dental school and they waived it. I did it my senior year in undergrad as well. I rather lied than waste money and they don't check up on it either. :laugh:

I lied and told them I had sufficient coverage when I was in dental school and they waived it. I did it my senior year in undergrad as well. I rather lied than waste money and they don't check up on it either. :laugh:

They accepted you at your word and didn't require documentation? :eyebrow:

They wanted a copy of my insurance card and I printed a copy of my mom's and they accepted it with no questions.;)

such is life in Georgia I suppose? hahaha.

Transformer said:
Then, when Arnold Schwarzenegger became governor of California in 2003, that's when UC tuition increased about 1 to 2k per year

Stop hating on the arnie, he has no power anyway. it's all the damned legislature and their idiotic union brown nosing.

Like I say they do ask for your Cardholder ID and Carrier name etc. but if you make it up or use someone else's they NEVER check up on it.

Why should they? its none of their business and health insurance is a waste of money unless you are old and need 25 RX fill every month. :laugh: I will get health insurance when I need those 25RX.

Like I say they do ask for your Cardholder ID and Carrier name etc. but if you make it up or use someone else's they NEVER check up on it.

Why should they? its none of their business and health insurance is a waste of money unless you are old and need 25 RX fill every month. :laugh: I will get health insurance when I need those 25RX.

At least get a high deductible plan or something for catastrophe...same reason why you get car insurance, homeowner's insurance, and activate car rental coverage on your CC. YOU may be responsible and healthy, but you never know when some ******* texting on their phone plows into your car or your dumb friend staying over leaves the stove on and sets your house on fire.

C'mon, we work healthcare (and don't you work retail pharm?) tell me how many ******* pt's you see every day. There's your reason for insurance right there.

The main reason schools have mandatory insurance is mostly to cover their asses. If your uninsured ******* falls and breaks your leg, or if you jab yourself with a hep c needle, you'll be stuck with a massive hospital bill you won't be able to pay and you'll have to drop out of school, and your school definitely doesn't want that.

Or, scenerio #2: You fall down some stairs at the hospital during your APPE. I guarantee you your school's officials are going to be waiting for you at at ER by the time you drag yourself 30 ft to the lobby. I can see it now: School official: "Don't worry hospital check-in lady. This guy goes to our school. He has health insurance. Here is the information he provided us along with the form claiming the information is factual." Congratulation! You are stuck with a giant hospital bill and you are going to jail for insurance fraud.

But yeah, I'm sure it'll work out swell for you. Besides, its not like pharmacy schools don't look through these forums anyway. Nor that they'll have NO idea of what city your school is in, what your initials are, and your date of birth. Good luck with that...

P.S. don't follow captain genius's lead over here. If your school requires insurance, get insurance.

Stop hating on the arnie, he has no power anyway. it's all the damned legislature and their idiotic union brown nosing.

Not hating on Arnold. Just relaying the sentiments of a few UCSF grads who saw their public school tuition rise quickly. (Even so, their tuition is still cheaper than ours; maybe not for long)

The main reason schools have mandatory insurance is mostly to cover their asses. If your uninsured ******* falls and breaks your leg, or if you jab yourself with a hep c needle, you'll be stuck with a massive hospital bill you won't be able to pay and you'll have to drop out of school, and your school definitely doesn't want that.

Or, scenerio #2: You fall down some stairs at the hospital during your APPE. I guarantee you your school's officials are going to be waiting for you at at ER by the time you drag yourself 30 ft to the lobby. I can see it now: School official: "Don't worry hospital check-in lady. This guy goes to our school. He has health insurance. Here is the information he provided us along with the form claiming the information is factual." Congratulation! You are stuck with a giant hospital bill and you are going to jail for insurance fraud.

But yeah, I'm sure it'll work out swell for you. Besides, its not like pharmacy schools don't look through these forums anyway. Nor that they'll have NO idea of what city your school is in, what your initials are, and your date of birth. Good luck with that...

P.S. don't follow captain genius's lead over here. If your school requires insurance, get insurance.

They already waived it. Thanks for the funny stories though. And Yes, you are right its every school's top priority to stalk their students on SDN to make sure they have health insurance. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So, in summary, you can get away with things in Georgia that you can't get away with in California.

I thought we've known this fact for many, many years :smuggrin:

They already waived it. Thanks for the funny stories though. And Yes, you are right its every school's top priority to stalk their students on SDN to make sure they have health insurance. :rolleyes:

Nah, I'm sure its not their #1 priority to hunt down students providing falsified health insurance information. But you can bet your ass that if a COP administrator in Atlanta, Georgia is reading this they'll surely pass the information over to their registrar's office. I don't think you understand there may be legal consequences to what did. Go right ahead though... My guess is that in 4 years theres going to be a huge surplus of pharmacists in Georgia minus 1.

Nah, I'm sure its not their #1 priority to hunt down students providing falsified health insurance information. But you can bet your ass that if a COP administrator in Atlanta, Georgia is reading this they'll surely pass the information over to their registrar's office. I don't think you understand there may be legal consequences to what did. Go right ahead though... My guess is that in 4 years theres going to be a huge surplus of pharmacists in Georgia minus 1.

Oh God, Oh No, you are really scarying me now!!!! what am I going to do now?? you are always right about everything. You should go work for the psychic hotline instead since you are so "gifted" and all. :rolleyes:

So, in summary, you can get away with things in Georgia that you can't get away with in California.

I thought we've known this fact for many, many years :smuggrin:

Georgia isn't as nice as California, but at least its better than living in the midwest. And I am sure you could have gotten way with putting down your parent's insurance policy (even though you aren't on it) and gotten away with it in CA. You just didn't try it. :p

Last edited:
Georgia isn't as nice as California, but at least its better than living in the midwest. And I am sure you could have gotten way with putting down your parent's insurance policy (even though you aren't on it) and gotten away with it in CA. You just didn't try it. :p

Is it? I've been to the South several times (Georgia twice), not really a big fan.

On the financial side, California schools are among the most expensive ones. There are plenty of schools to choose from depending on your stance on well-established vs. new schools. I suppose a big factor is weather. California is relatively dry and such so moving to a state like Florida where humidity can be unbearable sometimes can be a challenge. If you are anything like my cousin who cannot tolerate humidity, you'll want to be indoors for your duration here.

As laughable as weather may seem in choosing schools, it goes along with being comfortable; can you live in the new location for three to four years? If you won't be comfortable where you are learning, how will you learn?

Anyway, best of luck to you.

On the financial side, California schools are among the most expensive ones. There are plenty of schools to choose from depending on your stance on well-established vs. new schools. I suppose a big factor is weather. California is relatively dry and such so moving to a state like Florida where humidity can be unbearable sometimes can be a challenge. If you are anything like my cousin who cannot tolerate humidity, you'll want to be indoors for your duration here.

As laughable as weather may seem in choosing schools, it goes along with being comfortable; can you live in the new location for three to four years? If you won't be comfortable where you are learning, how will you learn?

Anyway, best of luck to you.

Weather is very important. I think its MONEY>>>>>Weather>school name. I can tolerate hot and humid weather, but I hate cold weather, so states like North Dakota or Alaska will not be for me! :laugh: If money wasn't a factor I would choose to go to a CA school, but since money is the MOST important factor for me and I want to stay in the 100K range I choose to go to a school in which I can live with family and not pay any rent.

Trust me, if money isn't a factor I would choose to live in San Fransciso right now!

Is it? I've been to the South several times (Georgia twice), not really a big fan.

I have only been in Atlanta GA b/c my relatives live there. I am not from Georgia originally, so I don't know any other city in GA besides Atlanta and Atlanta is okay in my opinion. Its NO New York City or San Fransciso, but it isn't farmland USA either. Its okay.

The South itself isn't that great. I think the best state in the south is Florida. The so-so states are Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia. And the sh*tty states are Alabama, South Carolina and the rest.

wait, huh? i was on my parents' policy as an undergrad, so i did put down my parents' info and got away with it. now i'm confused, what did i say earlier?

either way...i was simply audited once during my entire 4yrs in school, that just required getting a letter from my insurance co. stating i was covered and what the coverages were (and someone they could call/contact to verify at my company). What happens is if you're audited and fail to respond, you're retroactively charged the health insurance fee for the year. I think there were other fines/etc... involved.

as for getting away with things in CA vs. GA, I don't think you understood my point. Try painting your house yellow in my city in Orange County and see what happens...do that same thing in GA, well...I don't think anyone will care.

Weather is very important. I think its MONEY>>>>>Weather>school name. I can tolerate hot and humid weather, but I hate cold weather, so states like North Dakota or Alaska will not be for me! :laugh: If money wasn't a factor I would choose to go to a CA school, but since money is the MOST important factor for me and I want to stay in the 100K range I choose to go to a school in which I can live with family and not pay any rent.

Trust me, if money isn't a factor I would choose to live in San Fransciso right now!

haha well...for most people on here that don't have the #'s...it's WHERE I'M ACCEPTED >> MONEY >> weather > etc...

wait, huh? i was on my parents' policy as an undergrad, so i did put down my parents' info and got away with it. now i'm confused, what did i say earlier?

either way...i was simply audited once during my entire 4yrs in school, that just required getting a letter from my insurance co. stating i was covered and what the coverages were (and someone they could call/contact to verify at my company). What happens is if you're audited and fail to respond, you're retroactively charged the health insurance fee for the year. I think there were other fines/etc... involved.

as for getting away with things in CA vs. GA, I don't think you understood my point. Try painting your house yellow in my city in Orange County and see what happens...do that same thing in GA, well...I don't think anyone will care.

Maybe CA is more stricted. I have never been audited and I haven't had any insurance since I was in high school. If they audit you, you could just say you didn't know you were no longer covered. In order for you to get in trouble they will have to prove that you did this on purpose.

I have lived in brick houses my entire life, so I don't know anything about painting houses. Yellow is a very ugly color for houses, is that why they get in trouble?

haha well...for most people on here that don't have the #'s...it's WHERE I'M ACCEPTED >> MONEY >> weather > etc...

To be honest if I was accepted into a school like USC and that is the ONLY school that I got into I will choose NOT to attend. I don't think being a pharmacist is worth being in 200K debt. I mean being a pharmacist is fine and all, and being in 100K debt is already "pushing it". If I had to take more than 120K, I will simply choose another field. The pros has to be "greater" than the cons or its not worth doing. Its simple economics.

I don't know about 200, either.

But 140, 150... Perfectly fine. Then again, I don't need my entire wardrobe laced with the same kind of things you do, SHC ;)

I don't know about 200, either.

But 140, 150... Perfectly fine. Then again, I don't need my entire wardrobe laced with the same kind of things you do, SHC ;)

Not my entire wardrobe, I don't care about clothes that much...its mostly just the handbags, shoes, and jewelry. :p

I have lived in brick houses my entire life, so I don't know anything about painting houses. Yellow is a very ugly color for houses, is that why they get in trouble?

okay CA culture right here, in orange county (where i'm from) entities called "homeowner's associations" are very prevalent. They also have a reputation for being extra strict on what you can/can't do on your home. Upside is if you have a stupid neighbor who wants to keep ugly cars in their driveway or paint their house McDonald's colors, the HOA is empowered to fine them or prevent them from doing it. Downside is, you gotta submit architectural plans for everything you want to do.

Contrast that to places like GA where you are probably free to do whatever the hell you want. I had a client in WY tell me he moved out of CA because there were fewer gun restrictions and more places to hunt.

okay CA culture right here, in orange county (where i'm from) entities called "homeowner's associations" are very prevalent. They also have a reputation for being extra strict on what you can/can't do on your home. Upside is if you have a stupid neighbor who wants to keep ugly cars in their driveway or paint their house McDonald's colors, the HOA is empowered to fine them or prevent them from doing it. Downside is, you gotta submit architectural plans for everything you want to do.

Contrast that to places like GA where you are probably free to do whatever the hell you want. I had a client in WY tell me he moved out of CA because there were fewer gun restrictions and more places to hunt.

Depends on which neighborhood you live in and that goes for every state I am sure. If you live a in nice neighorhood like The Country Club of the South (in Alpharetta, Ga), you are under strict restrictions like CA. But if you live in a crabby neighorhood then most likely not. In my neighorhood, you can't have any cars or boats in front of your house. You must keep all boats in the lake and all cars in the garage at all times or you will get fine. If you own four cars then you better buy a four car garage. :rolleyes: