I'm gonna get so much crap for this thread...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sublm128

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Awhile ago I posted a rather unpopular thread about having a plagiarism charge on my record. I was told recently that it doesnt even exist on my record. The problem is that even though it happened, its just not on my academic record or my transcript. However, in my panic earlier I sent an email to a med school dean of admissions explaining in detail the incident, and I forgot to delete my signature (name and all included). Im kinda worried that this dean would report it to AMCAS, and they would be like - it may not be on his record but he did admit to the incident.

I know...stupid me.:confused:

What should I do? Please dont post derogatory comments, though I feel that Im inviting them by posting this thread. BTW I could not find any threads about expunged academic records.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ethically--do what you want. But I have two questions: 1, are you applying this cycle, and 2, would adcoms keep this kind of email on file from an applicant?

Ethically--do what you want. But I have two questions: 1, are you applying this cycle, and 2, would adcoms keep this kind of email on file from an applicant?

yes im applying this cycle, and i could mention it as an IA, but it would be really weird and pointless if i mentioned all that and there was nothing on there.

2. Im really not sure. If I knew, I wouldnt even have to ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am assuming you used your school email address in which case your name was probably attached to it somehow even without the signature. As for what you did, yes you let your self over react. I guess just wait for a reply and see what is said.

Also, how detailed for you?

Regardless, there is not much you can do but hope the dean goes "Well there is nothing on the record, so I am not sure what he is talking about?"

It's just one school right?

You gotta risk it to get the biscuit.

I am assuming you used your school email address in which.case your name was probably attached to it somehow even without the signature. As for what you did, yes you let your self over react. I guess just wait for a reply and see what is said.

Also, how detailed for you?

Regardless, there is not much you can do but hope the dean goes "Well there is nothing on the record, so I am not sure what he is talking about?"

The dean just said the generic response - "we look at each app holistically."
My understanding is that the infraction was expunged. I explained it in explicit detail. No chance for redemption on that one.

If there is nothing, then should I say there is an IA and say that it was subsequently expunged?

If it's not on your academic record, then don't worry about. The dean of admissions isn't all of a sudden going to put something on your record just because you sent an email. Also, I highly doubt that the dean of admissions is going to look at what medical schools you apply to let alone your AMCAS application.

EDIT: lol, just read your post about. nvm about what i said.

Dude, you're fine. Unless it's one school that you had a really high chance of getting into (ie - your only state school with GPA and MCAT near or lower than yours)

Dude, you're fine. Unless it's one school that you had a really high chance of getting into (ie - your only state school with GPA and MCAT near or lower than yours)

Even if it is not on there due to an expungement?

oopps misread, um well i guess you may not get into one school.
but if its not on your transcript or written up for it you should be fine

Last edited:
stop posting these threads. if you keep having this paranoid thoughts, go talk to someone. like a doctor. seriously.