Im i on the right track ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m3baller23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a freshman at a community college, my major is clinical nutrition and plan on transferring to UC davis to get my pre dental done. I've been interning at a dental office since i was in 8th grade. My g.p.a currently 3.2. Any suggestions or help as to where i should go from here ???
Thank YOU

Members don't see this ad.

Get your gpa up as high as you can at UC Davis to save yourself a little stress when it comes DAT time. Volunteer and do community service here and there. Don't forget to have fun and be well rounded...

you're on the right track as far as being on SDN and trying to find a way to improve your chance. I also think it's great that you have been interning at the dental office for years now and you know what you want to do.

But 3.2 GPA at CC is pretty low, especially considering even 3.2 at well known 4 year university will still give you hard time getting in. But since you're a freshman, I think you would have enough time to raise your GPA. Try to raise your GPA as much as possible plus start looking into DAT preparation as early as possible. Your CC gpa will show up on your application to dental schools and ADCOM will want to see that you can handle graduate level science courses

Members don't see this ad :)
You have plenty of time to improve, but 3.2 at a CC is bad. You need to be getting 4.0s. There is no reason why you can't. Why would you want to not do everything you can to ensure you can get in?

Do some shadowing and keep the grades up. That's all you gotta do. Also the sooner you get to a four year university the better as some schools don't accept the pre-reqs from there.

I'm currently a freshman at a community college, my major is clinical nutrition and plan on transferring to UC davis to get my pre dental done. I've been interning at a dental office since i was in 8th grade. My g.p.a currently 3.2. Any suggestions or help as to where i should go from here ??? Thank YOU

Time to skip your "interning" and concentrate on your studies.

try to get at least 3.8 GPA in CC. 3.2 is too low.