I'm in at Loma Linda, now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chemboy23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, last night I was accepted at LLUSD. I was going to ask a question to mainly the students who are already attending. I know that a $1,000 deposit is due 30 days after receiving my acceptance letter in the mail, but what else do I need to be doing? I hear people say they have to collect teeth all the time and such, so I am just wondering...I want to get a jump on it. Thanks so much for any help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

omgod you got in?!!?! you were stressing for no reason!!!!!!
wowwowowow congrats!!!!!!!!!!
btw wat were your stats again?
go you!!!!!

if you haven't started collecting teeth, do it. You won't need more than a couple your first year, but you will need good specimens of pretty much all teeth for Endo classes your second year. A boatload of third molars will only serve you so much.

As far as living arrangements, I have a couple of classmates (females) who live in the dorms and have done so since the beginning. There are more of them who started out that way and moved out. There are TONS of apartments and houses around the school and within walking distance. Whatever size of domicile you are looking for, it can be found within reasonable distance from campus.

My recommendation to you would be to brush up on your biochem, especially, and it couldn't hurt to do some anatomy and physio as well. Otherwise, just make sure all your paperwork and financial aid and whatnot is taken care of and just chill as much as you can before school starts.

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS! I am so excited for you man! I truly hope that I am as lucky as you to get one of those fantastic calls/AADSAS updates/Letters.

How did they let you know?

Congrats bud! I am glad to hear that you got in!

Congratulations on getting in! I interviewed at LLU in October and was very impressed with the facilities and the staff that worked there. I would love to go there if I hear back from them soon. I just have one question for those that are currently attending or planning on attending, are you at all concerned about the air quality while living there for 4 years? When I interviewed there the smog was pretty thick. I know it might seem weird to be thinking of this aspect but it's kind of a concern for me. Thoughts?

omgod you got in?!!?! you were stressing for no reason!!!!!!
wowwowowow congrats!!!!!!!!!!
btw wat were your stats again?
go you!!!!!

Yes I did...so excited! My wife is still laughing at me for acting so crazy when I got in lol!

cGPA: 3.46
sGPA: 3.32

AA-19
TS-20
PAT-16
Bio-18
GC-24
OC-21
RC-17
QR-16

I think what helped so much was I'm SDA and my application is "unique." I have a very interesting life story and my military service helps too. You just need to stand out...however that may be. :) Thanks!

if you haven't started collecting teeth, do it. You won't need more than a couple your first year, but you will need good specimens of pretty much all teeth for Endo classes your second year. A boatload of third molars will only serve you so much.

As far as living arrangements, I have a couple of classmates (females) who live in the dorms and have done so since the beginning. There are more of them who started out that way and moved out. There are TONS of apartments and houses around the school and within walking distance. Whatever size of domicile you are looking for, it can be found within reasonable distance from campus.

My recommendation to you would be to brush up on your biochem, especially, and it couldn't hurt to do some anatomy and physio as well. Otherwise, just make sure all your paperwork and financial aid and whatnot is taken care of and just chill as much as you can before school starts.

Thanks so much for your advice. I was impressed with the Endo clinic when I was there. Steven (D4) was my tour guide! When you say teeth, where can we go to get these? I know this is probably a stupid question...maybe I can go to the dental school here in town or ask a dentist.

Yes, and you know what's really nice? Houses are very affordable in (& around) Loma Linda. I was expecting to pay ~1,800 per month in rent...but there are NICE homes (2 & 3 BR) for about $1,000. My wife loves the area, as do I.

Also, Biochem is like my favorite class! I will not mind doing that at all haha...I'm a chem nerd so what can I say? Physio is probably the class that will give me a run for my money. I didn't take it in college...so it will be new to me. I will make it though with determination! What's the schedule like for a first year? I can't wait...so excited! Thanks for the reply by the way! Good luck on finishing up! See you in the fall!

CONGRATS! I am so excited for you man! I truly hope that I am as lucky as you to get one of those fantastic calls/AADSAS updates/Letters.

How did they let you know?

It will happen Matt, just hang in there! You're too good of a person (and your numbers are great) to not get in. Notice I put your stats last, because to me your personality is more important.

Read your PM response I sent you!

Praying for you brother!

Congrats bud! I am glad to hear that you got in!

Thanks man, and congrats to you as well. I saw you got into SA I think...that's an excellent school! Best of luck to you!

Congratulations on getting in! I interviewed at LLU in October and was very impressed with the facilities and the staff that worked there. I would love to go there if I hear back from them soon. I just have one question for those that are currently attending or planning on attending, are you at all concerned about the air quality while living there for 4 years? When I interviewed there the smog was pretty thick. I know it might seem weird to be thinking of this aspect but it's kind of a concern for me. Thoughts?

Thanks and I was too...very nice school! You'll get in, just keep the faith! Not there yet, so I'm not too sure about air quality. It didn't seem THAT BAD to me when I was there though. I don't think that's a bad concern at all...it's a smart question if you ask me! Good luck again!

yo chemboy congrats!!!!! now stressing from that first DAT was just getting you crazy! haha anyways congrats and goodluck with school.

I love how you are always the leader of the loma linda thread. Congrats to you. you deserve it since i can tell you really want it bad. Just bring a jar to a local office and tell them to fill it. HF

Members don't see this ad :)
I love how you are always the leader of the loma linda thread. Congrats to you. you deserve it since i can tell you really want it bad. Just bring a jar to a local office and tell them to fill it. HF

HAHA sounds great. Yes, I'm very excited about this opportunity! Thanks for the compliment!

Where are these nice 1k rental homes available? I've searched on craigslist and anything decent, seems to be at least 1,400.

Thanks so much for your advice. I was impressed with the Endo clinic when I was there. Steven (D4) was my tour guide! When you say teeth, where can we go to get these? I know this is probably a stupid question...maybe I can go to the dental school here in town or ask a dentist.

Yes, and you know what's really nice? Houses are very affordable in (& around) Loma Linda. I was expecting to pay ~1,800 per month in rent...but there are NICE homes (2 & 3 BR) for about $1,000. My wife loves the area, as do I.

Also, Biochem is like my favorite class! I will not mind doing that at all haha...I'm a chem nerd so what can I say? Physio is probably the class that will give me a run for my money. I didn't take it in college...so it will be new to me. I will make it though with determination! What's the schedule like for a first year? I can't wait...so excited! Thanks for the reply by the way! Good luck on finishing up! See you in the fall!

Yes I did...so excited! My wife is still laughing at me for acting so crazy when I got in lol!

cGPA: 3.46
sGPA: 3.32

AA-19
TS-20
PAT-16
Bio-18
GC-24
OC-21
RC-17
QR-16

I think what helped so much was I'm SDA and my application is "unique." I have a very interesting life story and my military service helps too. You just need to stand out...however that may be. :) Thanks!

Keep up the good job, buddy!

I just got my acceptance yesterday as well. I look forward to meeting you at the beginning of the school year.

When I interviewed there the smog was pretty thick. I know it might seem weird to be thinking of this aspect but it's kind of a concern for me. Thoughts?
It's actually an unusual day when it is that smoggy. I'm not sure what your reference point may be but that was one of the pleasant surprises for me when I returned to teach after being away for 20+ years in private practice. It is rare that I cannot see the mountains from my office window now, I grew up in Loma Linda and I remember times that you could go 6 or 7 weeks without being able to see them. Far, far better than it used to be.

yo chemboy congrats!!!!! now stressing from that first DAT was just getting you crazy! haha anyways congrats and goodluck with school.

Kevin, yes it was...I never have to look at that DAT AGAIN!!! Hahaha, thanks man and best of luck to you as well!

Where are these nice 1k rental homes available? I've searched on craigslist and anything decent, seems to be at least 1,400.

Hey...well I guess I should have said apartments here haha. It's just my wife, myself, and our puppy so we really do not need a big house. If you still need help with apartments I can help...but yeah, I have seen some outrageous prices for home rentals as well.

hey how did you hear your acceptance?

I just randomly checked my AADSAS last night and it was updated to "Offer Made." I never received a phone call though, so I'm assuming they will call me Monday and notify me. Also, I'm still waiting for the admissions packet/official letter of acceptance to arrive as well...happy times!!! Best Christmas gift ever I tell ya!!! Good luck and best wishes!

I just got my acceptance yesterday as well. I look forward to meeting you at the beginning of the school year.

AWESOME news!!! Can't wait to meet you either. Join the link for our fb page at the bottom! We need to get everyone on board. The class of 2014 has an awesome page where they post all of the labs/lectures and such...as well as share info with each other! We'll all make it through together!!!

Congrats everyone that got an acceptance! :D

Did you guys send in the $1000 deposit yet?

Do we send it to
Office of Admissions?

Congrats everyone that got an acceptance! :D

Did you guys send in the $1000 deposit yet?

Do we send it to
Office of Admissions?

Not too sure, they say they're sending a letter to us and after we receive the letter...we will then have 30 days to send in the deposit. I would just wait for the letter to come in because it probably has the instructions on who to make it out to, where to send it to, etc...