Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

I'm in!!!...DECISIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by west, Nov 25, 2002.

1. west

west Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

:clap:
    I'm in, I'm in!!!! I never thought I would be saying that!! I am sooooo happy!!! My lifelong dream!!! I got in Pikeville and Nova.

NOW.....both schools are great---I am leaning more towards one than the other.

My dilemma is this: My husband also has to be in a place where he can find a job. Should I even worry about this? Or just go where I feel comfortable and not think about it? Will it work out?

Can anyone give me some advice?

I like both schools...and either way........
    I AM GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone else on accepts and interviews!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. futurdoc11

futurdoc11 Member
    7+ Year Member

I would just sit down with your husband (after you find out about job opportunity options at both places) and discuss the pros and cons of each. Because it will be a long 4 years if only you or your husband are happy with the decision you make. After all you are a team, work together on the decision.

4. west

west Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks futurdoc11!!!

We are doing the pro's and con's right now--have been since I found out. I know we will make the right decision for both of us. It always helps to have input from others ;)

I know there are probably hundreds of others who have been in the same boat.

5. H0mersimps0n

H0mersimps0n HMO CRUSHER
    10+ Year Member

similar position here only I have two criteria. I need a place where my girlfriend can work for a year (as a tech in a hospital) AND somewhere close to an MD school because she is applying next spring. Hows that for a challenge :(

6. DrQuinn

DrQuinn My name is Neo
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Where are you applying, Homer? If you are applying to NSUCOM, that would fit your criteria nicely. in FL there are tons and tons of hospitals around so she shouldnt' have any problem finding a job, and there is USF, UF, Miami, and I think FSU just started a program. Thankfully at NSUCOM you can do your 3rd/4th years away from Ft. Laud so if she goes to USF or Miami you can do your rotations around there too.

And for West... I am not sure exactly what type of area Pikesville is in... but I would think finding a job in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area would be much easier than where I picture PCSOM to be.

7. H0mersimps0n

H0mersimps0n HMO CRUSHER
    10+ Year Member

sent in my secondary for NSU back in early OCT. I'm dying to hear from them, actually from everyone who hasn't responded so far...

8. DoubleDoctor

DoubleDoctor Ceder Dog's Daddy
    7+ Year Member

Congrats west and good luck with your decision.

Waaahooooo!!!!!!!!

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap:

9. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Congrats.

Go to NSUCOM.

Seems to be a nicer area, better facilities, and better outlook perspective if you aspire for more competitive residencies.

Good luck.