I'M IN! I'M IN! I'M IN!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amonkeybutt

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe it! After all these years of dreaming and hoping and dreaming and hoping and dreaming and hoping (you get the idea), I just got an acceptance to Oregon Health & Science University. Being from Portland, I have become so familiar with the school and all the good it does in the community. Every time I drive by the school, I think about what it would be like to be a student "up-on-the-hill". I want to thank everyone on this board who has helped me and listened to me vent about this process. Good luck to all of us!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Let me be the first to congratulate you. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Way to go, girl!!! :D :) :D

I'm supposed to find out on New Year's Eve if I have an interview there or not. Care to tell all us hopefuls something about your interview experience there?

Originally posted by SMW:
•Way to go, girl!!! :D :) :D

I'm supposed to find out on New Year's Eve if I have an interview there or not. •••

How do you know you'll find out on New Year's Eve. I submitted my secondary to them on September 12 and have never heard back a single world. I tried calling but was intimidated by their recorded message that asks you not to call about application status but to wait to receive something by mail (which I haven't).

Originally posted by mpp:

How do you know you'll find out on New Year's Eve. I submitted my secondary to them on September 12 and have never heard back a single world. I tried calling but was intimidated by their recorded message that asks you not to call about application status but to wait to receive something by mail (which I haven't).•••

Don't be intimidated by that message. The young woman who answers the phone there is the nicest person in the world. A while back she told me my app was complete except for the August MCAT scores which hadn't been filed yet when I was stressing about not hearing from them. She told me just the other day that my app was "half way through" the review process i.e. one person had read it and recommended an interview, and one more person still had to read it and make a recommendation. She said to call back on "the Monday after Christmas" which is New Year's Eve.

Congratulations ! ! !

You go girl!

hey SMW, I'll post on interviewfeedback sometime tomorrow so everyone can share the information.

Congratulations.

Congratulations! You remind me of how excited I was when I was accepted into medical school.. I still remember the date (December 15, 1998). By far, the long awaited acceptance letter was the best Christmas present I've ever received. Good luck in your upcoming year and (Go Ducks!!!)

Way to Go!! I interview at OHSU on Jan 3. OHSU is my first interview, and my first choice. Are you from Oregon? How long after your interview did you get the notice? I have two other interviews in the next month, but I would love to not have to go to them if I were accepted. Any advice about the interview process at OHSU ?

Again, congrats!!!!

-Hopeful future classmate :D

Rob

I posted my experience on interviewfeedback.com so check there for details. I am from Oregon, and I know what you mean about the other interviews. I have one later in January that I am debating about going or not. Although OHSU has always been my top choice, I wonder if I should at least take the opportunity to learn about other schools and get a feel for them. I don't want to completely limit myself and be so tunnel-visioned.

Rob, did you take a Kaplan course in April in Portland?

I'm sorry I forgot to answer your other question. I found out about a week and a half after my interview. Although I called about it and have not received the letter. ;)

Thanks for the reply. I did see your post at interviewfeedback.com. To answer you question- no,I did not take the Kaplan course. I think your idea about going to another interview even though you have been accepted at OHSU is a good one. This way you will get t osee what else is out there for you. I have decided to attend the interviews I have after OHSU regardless of whether I get in or not before them. I have decided on 4 schools I have the most interest in, and hope to interview at. I have been lucky enough to get interview invites at 3.
Did you go to undergrad. in Portland?

Rob