I'm in LOVE with Keck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyWolverine

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else?

I just had my interview there recently...
County Hospital was amazing!!!

Members don't see this ad.

LadyWolverine said:
Anyone else?

Quiz: When does the new LA County open?

I would love to get an interview at USC. Ive been complete for about 2 months and havent heard anything. Any other info about USC would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there yesterday and was thouroughly impressed with how friendly and helpful my interviewers were. County was ultra cool and it seems like the opportunities there are endless. I would definitely say Keck is my top choice.

LadyWolverine said:
Anyone else?

ill tell you what, if usc wins sat by more than 21, youll get accepted... so go route for the trojans!! FIGHT ON!!

Elastase said:
Quiz: When does the new LA County open?
I work at Keck and I love it, too--all in vain so far, though. I've heard talk that the new hospital will open in a year, but I don't know how reliable/knowledgable my co-workers are. The new one is shaping up pretty quickly as far as construction (appearance) is concerned.

Personally, I like the old-school architecture of the current General Hospital...

when i was in la this past summer, a friend showed me the campus and the hospital. i was very impressed and i personally like the city feel.

I wonder if they will show me any love since I'm an undergrad there (here). I'm worried they will think I'm only applying as a back-up because I assume a lot of undergrads apply to their alma maters and decide to move on if they are accepted elsewhere. Should I apply ED? Do people do this for med schools? Anyway, I just got a research position from a Keck prof so maybe that will help. :D

EDIT: Oh, If I remember correctly the new hospital should be operational within the year. I know the dean told us the date at a conference I went to recently, but I can't remember for sure, plus you can never count on big construction projects finishing when predicted. I do remember, though, that it will cost $1 billion :thumbup: He actually seemed a little nervous about making the money back

AznDoc said:
when i was in la this past summer, a friend showed me the campus and the hospital. i was very impressed and i personally like the city feel.

Yeah I like the Health Science Campus, some of the facilities are really nice too. I take it you didn't venture down to the main campus...we've got enough "city feel" to go around :laugh:

I've been a volunteer at Keck for a few years now. Their clinical is probably one of the best I've ever seen. but can anyone say anything about their research? I know they're pouring in a lot more money now into it but they're still ranking in the 30s

letmein!please? said:
Yeah I like the Health Science Campus, some of the facilities are really nice too. I take it you didn't venture down to the main campus...we've got enough "city feel" to go around :laugh:

true that. by the way, is spanish a prereq to school at usc? ;)

Definitely, if you want the full experience.

LadyWolverine said:
Anyone else?

me too!! too bad they put me on the alternate list! :(

AznDoc said:
true that. by the way, is spanish a prereq to school at usc? ;)

Haha, yeah it's nice to know some spanish in LA, and it will be more important in the future. I was watching an elementary school class field trip the other day, they were posing for pictures in front of the library, and the teacher was instructing them in Spanish! :eek: And we wonder why underprivileged kids do so poorly on standardized tests...

It is great to know Spanish in any Cali school you go to...Essential!

Oooh I'm getting so excited for my Keck interview next week Friday!! I can't wait... I hope it's not too brutal... guess it's time to check the interview feedback page, haha. Gotta pack my bags for OHSU and Keck... OR and Cali here I come!