i'm in, now how do i pay for it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbihlmaier

Rock Chalk Doc
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone
I have been accepted to KCUMB and awaiting other schools for "the letter". Just wondering if anyone has any idea if a just accepted med student can go to a town/county and tell them they will give them so many years of service if they will assist them with finances throughout school. I've heard that most people want to see you get through a year of school before they will offer anything. I'm just trying to figure out all of my options outside of student loans and scholarships. If anybody has any advice or websites that deal with this issue, i would be interested.

Thanks
Matt

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone
I have been accepted to KCUMB and awaiting other schools for "the letter". Just wondering if anyone has any idea if a just accepted med student can go to a town/county and tell them they will give them so many years of service if they will assist them with finances throughout school. I've heard that most people want to see you get through a year of school before they will offer anything. I'm just trying to figure out all of my options outside of student loans and scholarships. If anybody has any advice or websites that deal with this issue, i would be interested.

Thanks
Matt

If you are from Missouri, plan to do primary care, and plan to stay in Missouri, you can apply for PRIMO loans.

hey everyone

Thanks
Matt

Generally, loan forgiveness is when you find a job after residency. This works much better than what you are describing because you can easily pick where you go. Loans get paid back, so take what you need.

You can also sell your blood. DOn't forget the brain hides a pint

hey everyone

Thanks
Matt

Congratulations to you! I'm pleased with my decision to attend KCUMB.

Go Jayhawks!