I'm just.... tired. Burnt out too early.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You need to relax and worry less. Getting a residency isn't a maybe, just don't start counting on dermatology.

Members don't see this ad.

The title perhaps says it all. I'm only in high school (the end of my senior year), and I'm already burnt out. I really am just sick of academics, and I'm starting to re-think my career choice.

It doesn't really sound like you're burnt out. It sounds more like you're just overwhelmed and unsure of where you're going, which can be just as bad sometimes.

There's no need to go through medical school right away. Heck, there's no need to go through college right away.

College and med school will always be there. And you're still very young. You have plenty of time to figure out where you want to go and how you can get there.

Pharmacy and Medicine aren't just ways to make money - they're demanding, difficult careers that you need to think long and hard about before signing on. Don't feel pressured by money concerns - you can certainly get a regular job now, and go to med school/pharmacy school later when you have some money saved up. There are lots of different pathways to get to a career in healthcare if that's what you truly want - no need to feel like you have to do it the "old-fashioned" way.

Good luck. :)

I have sixth-year-college-student-itis. I'm really burnt out right now too. Don't worry! You're not alone. They're throwing too much information into my classes, because it's the end of the semester, and they want to hurry up and force it all down our throats.

I wish I was a senior in high school again, because I can hardly remember what that was like --> I forgot how stressful it was. I just remember the parties :hardy: Calculus was fun too... much more so than Pharmacokinetics or Therapeutics.

Lucky dog... you have graduation to look forward to!!! :D