I'm looking for a doctor or anyone who knows anything about cloning!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Med student87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for someone who is a doctor, or someone who knows anything about cloning. I am young reporter looking to write a full article on human cloning. I would like to know everything a doctor, or anyone here knows on the subject. I would like to know:

1) How does this technology work?
2) What are some benefits for patient care?
3)What are some ethical dilemmas this may pose
4)What are possible uses for this technology?

Anything anyone can tell me will help

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Posting on a medical student forum may not be the best way to recruit an expert on cloning. A better strategy might be to review the literature on the subject and contact the lead author on one of the articles.

I'm with mobius, besides, I would imagine most practicing physicians aren't experts on cloning either. I'd look into your local university for a genetics professor and ask them for some sources to read up on. The four questions you asked regarding human reproductive cloning are extremely complicated and cannot be answered without a great deal of reading.

1. How technology works: you send order for clone to the camino system and wait 10 years

2. benefits of cloning: destroy the minions of darth sidius

3. ethical dilemmas: clones may turn against you and destroy the jedi

4. possible uses of this technology: take over the galaxy

hope this helps...

Posting on a medical student forum may not be the best way to recruit an expert on cloning. A better strategy might be to review the literature on the subject and contact the lead author on one of the articles.

Where do you think would be a better place to post this?

I am a clone. I killed my template form and assumed his identity in society, only with my own underlying evil motives. I therefore consider myself an expert on discussing all cloning issues.

Which "cloning" are you referring to? I assumed that you were just referring to gene cloning. I agree the best way would be to search in the literature (pubmed) or get on your univeristy of choice's biochemistry or genetics website and look up PhDs who are doing research on gene cloning.

If you are talking about cloning of an entire human (or a sheep) you can probably find info the same way, but be aware that the major use of the word "cloning" in the literature will be in relation to a gene--not an entire organism.

My vote for post of the day! In all seriousness, skim through any introductory genetics textbook and you'll have your answers to questions 1 and 4. Try a text on medical genetics for questions 2 and 3.

1. How technology works: you send order for clone to the camino system and wait 10 years

2. benefits of cloning: destroy the minions of darth sidius

3. ethical dilemmas: clones may turn against you and destroy the jedi

4. possible uses of this technology: take over the galaxy

hope this helps...

My vote for post of the day! In all seriousness, skim through any introductory genetics textbook and you'll have your answers to questions 1 and 4. Try a text on medical genetics for questions 2 and 3.

You use textbooks to gain a fundamental understanding of the topic. You then consult with the experts in the feild as they can give you the REAL in and outs of the research.