I'm nervous!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ionic

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got about 2 weeks to go before I start the moving process to Des Moines. I am nervous to say the least. Adjusting to a completely new social and scholastic environment seems a little overwhelming. I'm sure it will be fine but damn, I'm getting jittery just thinking about it. Who's with me?:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I got about 2 weeks to go before I start the moving process to Des Moines. I am nervous to say the least. Adjusting to a completely new social and scholastic environment seems a little overwhelming. I'm sure it will be fine but damn, I'm getting jittery just thinking about it. Who's with me?:eek:

I'm pumped! Although I'm not moving to DM, I'm excited to get my study on again!

nm

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
miami is not that hot (~90), but the humidity will kill you. i'm headin' up to philly in early august to look for an apartment. i think i'm more nervous about findin' a decent apartment than i am about gettin' my study on. is that wrong???

miami is not that hot (~90), but the humidity will kill you. i'm headin' up to philly in early august to look for an apartment. i think i'm more nervous about findin' a decent apartment than i am about gettin' my study on. is that wrong???

i don't think that's wrong at all.. you need to find a decent place to live in philly.. i heard its not so good in some spots over there.. so make sure you find somewhere good to stay =)

I booked my apartment sight unseen (well, except the virtual tour) so I'm excited to see what I am gonna stuck with. Apartment hunting from another city is an absolute bitch!

I think we are all a little nervous, but we have to rememer that our goal is in clear sight now!! Everyone is in the same boat as us!

I am nervous about my dorm situation...anxious about the material I will be studying for....excited about living in a new area...scared of the thought of leaving my family & friends...and ultimately humble of the position I am at today.

Nervous? YES. Its just a lot of new things at once, but I'm also getting very excited to finally start pod school so I can have the career I've dreamed of my whole life! We're all in this together.... :)

I've let nerves get the best of me on more than one occasion causing me to have to repeat classes a few times. I've gone to a doc to get medication just to complete things or classes. I'm really unsure how the stress of med school would/will undo, what lack of present stress has helped to heal. Unfortunately in order to get to heaven, I guess, you got to go through hell. Though I'm worried I'll spend a ton on tuition only to fail classes at a higher level, come apart and end up with a huge debt and no degree nor classes to be able to show for it (there's only so much you can borrow or ever hope to payback even with a med degree). And then after all this tragedy, have to reapply to a different career path and still have loans to payback from the failed attempts. I've seen more than one peer go this rough stuff and it ain't pretty. I was always told be careful for what you wish, you may just get it and then what...

I'm just trying to think it through and be realistic about the time, effort and committment required to do this and see it through for a lifetime career and indebtedness.

I've let nerves get the best of me on more than one occasion causing me to have to repeat classes a few times. I've gone to a doc to get medication just to complete things or classes. I'm really unsure how the stress of med school would/will undo, what lack of present stress has helped to heal. Unfortunately in order to get to heaven, I guess, you got to go through hell. Though I'm worried I'll spend a ton on tuition only to fail classes at a higher level, come apart and end up with a huge debt and no degree nor classes to be able to show for it (there's only so much you can borrow or ever hope to payback even with a med degree). And then after all this tragedy, have to reapply to a different career path and still have loans to payback from the failed attempts. I've seen more than one peer go this rough stuff and it ain't pretty. I was always told be careful for what you wish, you may just get it and then what...

I'm just trying to think it through and be realistic about the time, effort and committment required to do this and see it through for a lifetime career and indebtedness.

After reading many of your other posts, I would advise you to seriously consider other fields. Podiatry school is no joke. While our admission standards are not as high as MD schools, the curriculum is just as rigorous, as seen by our high attrition rate. If you're heart is not completely in it, and I can tell from your posts it isn't, then there's no way you will make it through or appreciate being here. You'll end up leaving with a lot of debt and nothing to show for it.