1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Im pissed off! why do we have to list everything again in secondaries

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by thesecret08, Aug 4, 2011.

1. thesecret08

Pre-Dental
    I don't get it. I have been 3 days trying to study for the DAT and i can't because i have been filling out secondaries, and answering questions that were already addressed in the AADSAS application.

Midewestern, ADSOH and UCLA are a pain to fill out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why do we need to answer all these questions that already in the main application? do they place more emphasis on their individual secondaries??????????????????????????

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AlbinoPolarBear

7+ Year Member

1. Copy
    2. Paste

4. Double Bonded

7+ Year Member

ucla?

5. jeffity

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    3. Tear up your check and don't bother

Questions on the secondary are items they don't feel were covered adequately on the first application and/or things they place heavy emphasis on.

Everything about the ASDOH secondary is specific to volunteering. AADSAS gives you room to make a list of volunteering with a measly 175 characters to explain. Their secondary wants a better breakdown with room to explain and an essay on top of it explaining why you did that volunteering. For a school that emphasizes community involvement, the AADSAS application doesn't say much.

6. indigenoustw

indigenoustw Am I picking my nose or showing my shaka?
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    ucla?????

I think op means ucsf.

7. Teeth12345

7+ Year Member

yup, I think so too. on UCLA's website, it says that they don't even begin reviewing until October so their secondary is probably sent out a little later than just now.
    at least, that's what I'm hoping :)

8. Rainee

7+ Year Member

If you think Dental School secondaries are miserable..........just be glad you aren't applying to Medical School. They make Dental School secondaries look like a joke.

9. thesecret08

Pre-Dental

Lucky me then ;)

I'm in a better mood today. And it is not as easy as a copy paste as someone suggested above. ANswers have to be well though...otherwise why bother applying if you are going to do things in a mediocre way?

10. xzz

xzz

Get used to the "stress". Dental school is also a pain in the ass. I'm not kidding.

11. budda10000

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Dear lord you have no idea! My girlfriend has been locked in her house for weeks filling out secondaries for med schools. I feel spoiled:thumbup:

12. Lane138

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I completely agree! The UNC supplemental's first question is "Why dentistry"? What kind of idiotic question is this?

13. taqi

Dentist
    hi there m just looking for adc exam.is there anybody who has info abt prepartion for this exam?need help n a study partner.thanx!