I'm published this month in Current Psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whopper

Former jolly good fellow
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.currentpsychiatry.com/article_pages.asp?AID=6619&UID=

I'm currently working on some other cases I might want to publish. I currently got a patient with neurosarcoidosis who is showing psychiatric sx 2ndary to it.

The garbage eating patient I mentioned in another thread got me wondering if anyone published any work tracking how many homeless patients eat garbage. If not its something I try to look into for publication.

Members don't see this ad.

whopper, another option for a patient in pain with GI or liver concerns (for NSAIDs and acetominophen respectively) is a combo pill they make now. I THINK it's diclofenac/PGE2. But it might be ketorolac/PGE2. I'm also a fan of mobic--it's somewhat cox-2 selective, very cheap, and numerous studies have shown it has minimal GI irritation. And for localized pain, diclofenac cream (voltaren) may or may not be available to you, but the stuff is so effective it made me cry tears of joy.

Very cool article by the way. I can definitely see this being of use. I too thought rat poison=warfarin.

http://www.currentpsychiatry.com/article_pages.asp?AID=6619&UID=

I'm currently working on some other cases I might want to publish. I currently got a patient with neurosarcoidosis who is showing psychiatric sx 2ndary to it.

The garbage eating patient I mentioned in another thread got me wondering if anyone published any work tracking how many homeless patients eat garbage. If not its something I try to look into for publication.

Dude, I just read this case last night and loved it. Even cooler now that I know who wrote it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Certainly a case where medical knowledge outside of psychiatry became important, and 3 IM docs were all telling me to drop the rat poison issue, all citing it had to be secret ingestion.

Medical knowledge is important in psychiatry.

That was a very educational case! Who knew that psychiatrists have to know "real" medicine? Wow.

Felt like an episode from House MD reading it :) Good job!

^ Same here. Fascinating article Whopper..thank you for sharing:)

interesting, excellent management. Your residents are lucky!

Thats hot. I actually have that issue sitting on my table, will read!