im rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gomer1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
where can one find rankings for say 100+ im programs (not just top 25 like us news & world report)??

Members don't see this ad.

wow, some of those programs have really low pass rates. people should avoid programs with pass rates <90%. Even if a pass rate <90% doesn't reflect a programs education of their residents, you will want to avoid cross covering for residents that don't know what they are doing. The boards are a screening test, you should be able to pass without studying if you finished your 3 yrs of internal medicine residency training and paid attention.

Members don't see this ad :)
please correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the NIH rankings based SOLELY on amount of research money granted to the medical school?? it should say absolutely nothing about the quality of residency training, let alone anything about internal medicine in particular!

it should say absolutely nothing about the quality of residency training, let alone anything about internal medicine in particular!

If you click the link in the post above you should note that it states NIH for internal medicine departments 2005. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that the poster above was correlating the NIH funds given to all of Case Western as impacting the program directly. And I don't think you'll find too many people who will say that Case doesn't have a solid program.