I'm really stressing out about giving NDBE part one- HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Green Eyes83

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm almost done going over everything in the first two kaplan books of NDBE part one exam. I haven't done the decks yet or the past papers.
I did attempt to do a few of the papers and I was getting below 50% on them! So now I'm really depressed. How should I study? I feel like I've forgotten half of what I read. I wanna take the exam soon and get at least a 90%.

What do I need to do to remember everything? Is the exam really that difficult?
Advise please?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I'm almost done going over everything in the first two kaplan books of NDBE part one exam. I haven't done the decks yet or the past papers.
I did attempt to do a few of the papers and I was getting below 50% on them! So now I'm really depressed. How should I study? I feel like I've forgotten half of what I read. I wanna take the exam soon and get at least a 90%.

Advise please?

hey..u dont have to be stressed , it happens with everyone . My advise to u is start doing dental decks as they r very important and keep refering to ur kaplan side by side.. and inbetween do some parpers. evn i get a felling dat i've forgotten half of wat i hav done..but dan u jus have to keep goin..this is a phase n u'll get thru..
so good luck:luck:

Hi there,

Advise please?

Ok what you are going through, all of us have been there. I can suggest that 'coz from this position I have moved to the one where I was almost sure about my preparation before the exam. First 2 Kaplan books??
Which two are yo talking about.
Doing the book once is like an eye wash, all you get the first time is the basic topics and definitions. Key is to keep revising. Also since you have gone through few papers once you know which are the topics which require special consideration. Believe me for all those people who say its easy to crack this exam are the ones who have studied all the subjects rigorously. Only after knowing each concept in and out you will be confident. So keep working, set your targets and you should be fine. Cheer up and study hard.:thumbup:

Hi!
Agree with all advices!
And i dont want you to be thinking that it would be "quick and easy"!!!
Not at all!!!BUT IT IS DOABLE!!!!
its normal that you've forgotten what you read!ITS NORMAL!!!
All you have to do is keep reading,revising...
And only maybe on 3d time you will go through ALL the material(decks,kaplan book...)-you will get concepts and SOME details!!!
After doing Q and papers,you should be almost prepared!
Final revising-and you are ready!!!
More you read-more will stay in your head!!!!

But im talking about my expirience,as foreign one,for american dental students it should be easier!

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there,

Advise please?
Hi. You need to chill first. We've all been through what you are going through as one of the members said. Solving questions are sometimes harder than the actual exam.
What you need to do is relax, solve the questions while timing yourself. You need to raise your score on the past papers however.
Keep solving questions and don't feel down when you don't get a good result on your practice test. If you're aiming for a 90% I'm sure you'll get a good grade.
Much love.

Hi. You need to chill first. We've all been through what you are going through as one of the members said. Solving questions are sometimes harder than the actual exam.
What you need to do is relax, solve the questions while timing yourself. You need to raise your score on the past papers however.
Keep solving questions and don't feel down when you don't get a good result on your practice test. If you're aiming for a 90% I'm sure you'll get a good grade.
Much love.

Hi. I am also trying to answer ASDA papers. Do you have all of them, from G-N? I am just wondering if I have to buy all of the reprints 'cause I just got the recent ones. Thanks